Fuji House Cleaning

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
I've been meaning to do some camera housecleaning for a while (I simply have too many) and finally began acting on it today. I sold off my Fuji X-T10, X-Pro 1, X100T and X30. "What?! Are you abandoning Fuji?" you might reasonably ask. Not at all.

I made a decision a while ago to not only pare down my camera collection but also to upgrade to Fuji's 24mp sensor and latest autofocus technology. My X-T20 arrived a couple of weeks ago and I plan to order an X-Pro 2 in a few more weeks. I suspect that will be all the Fuji I require and will realistically use.

My Fuji lens collection is a mixture of old and new, but carefully stays on the less-expensive side: I have the first-generation 18-55 and 55-200mm zooms, the first-generation 14, 18, 27, 35 and 60mm primes... and the newer "Fujicrons" - the 23 and 35mm f/2.0 WR primes. I'll probably add the new 50mm when I order the X-Pro 2.

In terms of compact cameras, I've been spoiled by the one-inch sensors. The X30 was still a wonderful camera in many ways but it wasn't getting much use lately. But one-inch sensors aren't a total solution in and of themselves, either. I picked up an open-box Sony RX100 V at my local Best buy for $799 a week ago. It was a great deal. But I took it back today. It was just too fiddly for me and, despite its fantastic specs and abilities, it was also sluggish in many ways and almost always required a second control step to get anything done. A touch screen would have helped.

I might just do without a compact for a while. I wish Fuji would come out with a one-inch sensor model - even with a Bayer-array. Otherwise, the Canon G5X looks attractive if I can get a good deal on one.

Anyway, that's my confession for today. I'm looking forward to the next chapter in my Fuji relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you there, Steve (although I don't/didn't have nearly as much stuff as you've listed). I sold my X30 recently, although I do miss its compactness for bike riding. It was a brilliant camera in good light, but lost its luster somewhat when light levels began to fall. I sold my Rokkor 24mm last week, and I'm shipping off another camera tomorrow. I have one more lens listed on eBay. My plan is to reduce to one camera/lens combo. Having no native lenses right now, the 23mm WR is high on my list - I just wish it was a bit wider. Bigger/heavier lenses just don't do it for me, even if they have great IQ. If the X70 had an EVF integrated, I'd be looking at it closely. My first MILC, a Sony NEX-5R, was excellent, but the lack of EVF was a pain at times. Don't want to go back there. I'll eventually settle on a lens for my X-T1 . . . I think.

I did a lot of lens parring down last year. I had the 18mm and 27mm, Bower 8mm FE, Rokinon 12mm, 21mm, 50mm, and three Minolta MD lenses that I almost never use. I sold all my lenses except the Minoltas, because they have almost no market value, and bought the 23mm f1.4 and 14mm for my X-E2. I also have an X100T with the WCL-X100. Both of these kits are almost redundant.

I keep waiting for word of the X-E3 but, I am really beginning to think that Fuji has no plan to offer another X-E. If they did, I would sell the X-E2, the 14mm, and my entire X100T kit. Then I would get the X-E3 and the 16mm f1.4. My problem is that I don't want something as big as the X-Pro2 and and I am concerned that the 16mm f1,4 and 23mm f1.4 are too large for the X-T20.

I did a lot of lens parring down last year. I had the 18mm and 27mm, Bower 8mm FE, Rokinon 12mm, 21mm, 50mm, and three Minolta MD lenses that I almost never use. I sold all my lenses except the Minoltas, because they have almost no market value, and bought the 23mm f1.4 and 14mm for my X-E2. I also have an X100T with the WCL-X100. Both of these kits are almost redundant.

I keep waiting for word of the X-E3 but, I am really beginning to think that Fuji has no plan to offer another X-E. If they did, I would sell the X-E2, the 14mm, and my entire X100T kit. Then I would get the X-E3 and the 16mm f1.4. My problem is that I don't want something as big as the X-Pro2 and and I am concerned that the 16mm f1,4 and 23mm f1.4 are too large for the X-T20.

If you're fine with that lens on an X-E2 or potential X-E3, you'll probably be fine with it on an X-T20. Check this out...

Compact Camera Meter

If you're fine with that lens on an X-E2 or potential X-E3, you'll probably be fine with it on an X-T20. Check this out...

Compact Camera Meter
One thing that worries me about the X-T20 is it is the same size as the Olympus E-M10 I had. The X-E2 weighs the same as the X-T20 but, it's wider and gives a much better grip to help with larger primes.

Back