Help How do I get an alert for actions of someone I follow?

I am following some members on this site and I would expect that I get an alert when a followed member posts something. It apparently doesn't work that way because I never get an alert. How do I make that happen? Thanks.

I just checked the settings for
Receive a notification when someone…

and don't see any checkboxes for getting alerts about others. It seems like they are all about getting notifications when it is something that relates to you.

Maybe @Kevin knows something I don't. That would certainly be a handy feature.

At the moment the stock software "follow" function shows the activity only on your "Following" page (https://cameraderie.org/account/following) but it's something I can take a look into.

Personally it's not something I think I'd utilize because if you follow somebody and if the person is really active in the forums then with push notifications being turned on my phone would be going crazy all day with alert notifications.

At the moment the stock software "follow" function shows the activity only on your "Following" page (https://cameraderie.org/account/following) but it's something I can take a look into.

Personally it's not something I think I'd utilize because if you follow somebody and if the person is really active in the forums then with push notifications being turned on my phone would be going crazy all day with alert notifications.
I rely a great deal on the alerts in the web browser, the red number of the bell tells me if there's something I'd want to see, so it would be nice if that also signaled activities of the members I follow. Often those members post in many different threads and I don't want to click through a large number of threads.

I agree about pushed alerts: I activated pushing alerts a few days ago and it only lasted a few hours before I switched it off again. I discovered that I like to see what's been going on, but I want to choose the times I do that.

Thanks so far for the effort, hope you can find something useful.

Back