Fuji How do we convince Fuji to improve auto bracketing?

I am not Fuji or their spokesperson, so I am the wrong person to ask such questions.

But you talk to their product managers, know about their list of priorities, and are in a position to decide whether or not things are important or minor issues that complainers bitch about.

That must mean that you have some sort of authority, no?

But you talk to their product managers, know about their list of priorities, and are in a position to decide whether or not things are important or minor issues that complainers bitch about.

That must mean that you have some sort of authority, no?

I don't think so, well, maybe on a very small scale. Fuji managers in Tokyo want to decide what is important by themselves, most likely based on the amount and quality of customer feedback regarding certain issues. Or maybe based on their own preconceptions, or who knows what? Plus, feedback from Japanese customers may be more important to them, it hits closer to home, they understand the language, and Japan is the most important market for mirrorless cameras. So if Japanese customers want smooth skin tones and Americans don't, guess who wins?

Yes, I have met with decision makers and spent 100s of unpaid personal hours compiling dozens of pages with well-researched feedback. Yes, I am building a network. Yes, Fuji has implemented about 80% of my X-E1 feedback in the X-E2 (bracketing was part of the 20% that was ignored, at least for now), which is nice, as it means that feedback is important. But it is just a correlation, not necessarily a cause/effect relation. It may well be that I simply hit a nerve and that my feedback was similar to the feedback of others. So I do not overestimate my individual role. I don't make any decisions (meaning I am also not responsible, so don't blame me for anything), but I know from experience that well-researched feedback can make a difference. Fuji listens, but not just to me. The more, the merrier. :)

I dont do HDR but agree should be a simple fix. But I just don't understand the time thing I thought the USA was only country that used a 12 hr clock. By the way I hate that too. Ive used a 24 hr clock since I was 18 in the Army and still get am and pm confused. lmao

Called Fujifilm USA this afternoon about X T-1 light leak repair and also mentioned that I'd like them to extend the EV bracket range to at least plus minus 3 EV over the current 1. The tech I talked to said I was at least the fifth person today that had made that request.

It appears that at least here in US Fuji is getting the word. :)

Hopefully it won't take long to find its way into the firmware.

Regarding this threads and the thread concerning Isoless sensor, I did a quick test (I didn’t want to do the best shot of the year!).
I took a shot in RAW + Fine mode, at iso200, F/22 and at 1/125. The result was very dark. (Original.jpg).
Then I did an internal RAW conversion with +3EV, HightLight Tone: HARD, ShadowTone: SOFT (Converted.jpg).
So, I had 2 Jpeg’s, one very dark, but with all details, and another a little bit too dark except in the sky where the clouds were overexposed with loss of details.
Doing an HDR combination of those 2 jpeg’s (with a rather basic HDR tool), I had a result rather well exposed and with full of details in the sky. (HDR.jpg)
My choices were certainly not the bests, but I did it just to illustrate that you can do HDR starting from one RAW file at iso 200 to keep most of details.
I’m not sure that everybody will agree with me, but one could conclude that bracketing on the camera isn’t necessary if you have a good not overexposed RAW with plenty of details, choosing appropriate speed and aperture.

However, I have some remarks to do:
• In the internal RAW conversion tool, the Iso Push/Pull is limited to + or – 3EV;
• In the stored information’s of the converted Jpeg, there is nothing about the Iso Push/Pull (nor in the Exif) and exposure compensation stays at the selected value in the RAW file
• By the way, why doesn’t the exposure compensation dial works when aperture and speed are manual?;
• I choose French as language, but the detailed information’s stay in English.

Here the pictures:
Dropbox - File Deleted
Original
Dropbox - File Deleted
Converted.JPG
Dropbox - File Deleted
HDR.JPG

Frans

depending on whatever other mode than Manual you're on, ev compensates by either speed or iris, or both (P mode).

and it just hit me - maybe this is why some people don't like the locking iso dial on the x-t1. i prefer iso auto, myself. i hope fuji gives the x-t1 it for custom settings.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

depending on whatever other mode than Manual you're on, ev compensates by either speed or iris, or both (P mode).

My settings were full manual exept Focus.
That Exposure compensation doen't works so is listed so in the "Restrictions on camera settings" (page 127 of Manual) "M" column.
I just ask why it's so.

Frans

sorry for my lack in explanation. but when in Manual, i'm not sure how EV can override Shutter & Aperture values. in M, i usually compensate (or manually adjust) by directly adjusting ISO, Shutter or Aperture values.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

In real M, AE comp. is useless, as there is no AE.

In misomatic M, AE comp. is useful, as Auto-ISO is still an exposure variable.
This will be available in future models.

Back