How do you carry?

DSLR or larger SLRs are on a Black Rapid strap. Rangefinders were on a Sun Sniper smaller scale and compacts on a wrist. I'm somewhat neurotic about keeping things strapped to me fearing dropping or theft.

Love the looks of this Luma Cinch Kyle. Thanks for posting mate. I fear it won;t be released in Australia until 2013 :fedup:

Hope Lu.ma can keep these on the market without being bullied by BlackRapid.....again!!!!

All of my serious compacts are on A&A cloth straps, the bigger ones;X100 and M4/3 also get a Gordy wrist strap, the GRDs Ricoh wrist strap, I do not like slings at all, I much prefer to keep my camera in my hand trough a wrapped neck strap or wrist strap. There just too much bouncing and chance of banging into things with a sling for me. I do use a Gordy sling for my handheld Garmin, but it is armored

Cool to see some much variety. The important thing is to feel comfortable so that you will want to carry your camera.

I have a number of cameras but I carry them in three distinct ways. All my gear is stored in bags, typically Lowe Reporter or Pelican cases. I never work out of these as they are simply used for transporting my gear.

When I'm shooting I go lightly typically one camera one lens. Heavy cameras are slung over the shoulder. Lighter cameras in my pocket.

When I shoot or am ready to shoot I always hold my camera in my right hand. The shoulder strap is twisted many times around my rise to form wrist strap. The lighter cameras have a wrist strap. The cameras never dangle they are always in my hand at the ready.

It attaches to my strap like this.
IMAG0311.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Mine's similiar. Standardized on a small Arca Swiss D plate secured to the camera with one of these...
556344.jpg

Adds a little bulk, but can mount any camera on a tripod, the camera bottom is still flat(ish), and otherwise the screw loop flips down and is attached to a bandoleer strap via a spring snap.

Sounds like it works for you. My issue is that I hate dealing with the strap when I am shooting. Thus I like that mine disconnects quickly.

I'm far too paranoid to handle a camera without being attached to it by some form of strap. My other paranoia is never to let a camera strap dangle over the edge if the camera is sitting on an elevated surface like a table or bench.

Do you have both a wrist strap and one end of a neck strap attached to the right-hand lug in this image?

The neck strap goes to both the right and left lug and the wrist strap is on the right lug.
Even though I like wrap the neck strap around my wrist I find with the bigger cameras I feel more se3cure with addition of the wrist strap

I carry concealed

In the jacket pocket, that is.

These days, I'm the same way. I used to carry a bag with me, but now it feels so much easier to just put a camera with lens mounted in a jacket pocket, sometimes with another lens in a different pocket.

I use an adjustable strap - and now that I've finally experienced one of those cloth A&A straps - like yours, Bob - I'm hooked! I have one on my X10 and where it cross body. Usually, I have it set so I can just lift it up and make the picture. When it's too cold or wet or snowy, inside the jacket it goes. Next up is one for my X100. They're soft, incredibly flexible and easy to wrap around one's hand, if needs be.

Courrierware bag for in the car or while en route.

The neck strap goes to both the right and left lug and the wrist strap is on the right lug.
Even though I like wrap the neck strap around my wrist I find with the bigger cameras I feel more se3cure with addition of the wrist strap

Thanks, I have considered doing something similar as an alternative to my method of wrapping the neck strap around my fingers, but I hadn't looked any further into what would be the best method of attaching the neck and wrist strap at the same point.

Back