Pentax How do you like your Pentax K-5? And please show us some of your photos!

I bought the Silver Limited K5 a little while ago (still got the original K5 too :rolleyes:) and I've had no trouble at all with focus accuracy with my lenses. I've made no AF adjustments in the menu either. The three lenses I have, FA43, FA77 and DA35mm Macro all focus reliably and are very sharp indeed to my eyes. I cannot figure out what is wrong with the system as I had endless trouble with my "old" K5. They are supposed to be exactly the same camera after all ........ I know this has been a source of endless discussion on the Pentax forum.

Christilou, I have looked with desire at the Silver Limited version. Now the only way to get one seems to be to pay a premium price at $1950. But it is a beautiful camera, and I love the look of those limited lenses. They almost make the system worth getting as I see it. :daz:

I bought the Silver Limited K5 a little while ago (still got the original K5 too :rolleyes:) and I've had no trouble at all with focus accuracy with my lenses. I've made no AF adjustments in the menu either. The three lenses I have, FA43, FA77 and DA35mm Macro all focus reliably and are very sharp indeed to my eyes. I cannot figure out what is wrong with the system as I had endless trouble with my "old" K5. They are supposed to be exactly the same camera after all ........ I know this has been a source of endless discussion on the Pentax forum.

Isn't that just odd? My K-5's AF does work very well with the FA35. But not so with most other lenses I've used so far. Just way too odd that your black one gives you woes, but not the silver one.

Ah! Well, I'm not sure I had much trouble with my black one - and David who has it now doesn't have a problem as far as I know . . . . . . and now I have a silver one, and I don't have a problem with that either.

So it would seem that some black ones are okay!

Those pics are very nice! Too bad I also had trouble with the 18-135 as it refused to AF from time to time between from 19-134mm. Another weird thing.

You just don't have the staying power - I tried 5 16-50 lenses before finally giving up - you might at least have tried two of the lovely 18-135s!

Armando, he is giving you a serious eyeing! Are his wings temporarily pinned? Poor fellow. Great picture, but zoos tend to make me feel sad for the animals, though I know many are rescued and brought there to save them.

I never realized the color of their feet!

Love the retro-look!

I have joined the ranks of K-5 users. The retro look of the Limited Silver version seduced me. I found it at a very reasonable price from a dealer in Ohio, not from the Evilbay scalpers. So here are my two favorite retro-looking cameras. Photography is about aesthetics (among other things) and the beauty of the equipment can matter to us visually oriented people. So much for my humble opinion.

GXR0403r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back