Fuji How does one store unused/retired digital equipment?

Peter Chin

Regular
Is it good enough to just return them to it's original packaging? I'm retiring my XP1 and X100 and putting my XT1 and X100s into duty :)

Thanks...not quite sure if digital cameras can be just packed away as the old film camera...i do have to monthly work the shutters on my MF gear though, hoping the blades on the digital cameras "won't" need that?

I store all of my unused/retired gear on eBay. It's great. You send it away, and you get cash back, so you can go buy more gear. Then, one day when you say to yourself, 'Boy, I wish I hadn't sold that...', you just buy it back.

I store all of my unused/retired gear on eBay. It's great. You send it away, and you get cash back, so you can go buy more gear. Then, one day when you say to yourself, 'Boy, I wish I hadn't sold that...', you just buy it back.

Glad to hear I am not the only that does that Mike. The X100 mentioned in the OP is a particularly difficult camera to rid myself of. Buy/Sell/Miss/Buy/Sell/Miss...it's a vicious cycle that only benefits the USPS.

I have several semi-retired digital cameras...and I put them into their semi-retirement by "lending" them to my daughter, and then "borrowing" them back.

Loved the eBay send away retirement home, Mike!:biggrin_old:

Back