How good are our eyes at differentiating hues?

I scored 7... had real trouble in the green-purple section, and it showed in the results (that's where all my mistakes were). I don't have a calibrated screen, by the way... I'll re-do the test as soon as I get one! ;)

Thanks for the link, I always wondered how I'd score!

I tried this a few months ago when I saw it on RFF.

I do have a calibrated screen ... but it appears I don't have calibrated eyes, I scored about 30 :(

this tends towards confirmation of the idea that it's not real photography unless it's black and white :D

Paul

my score was 40
But I'm not too sure what I was doing ........ presumably trying to get a graduated range

The median score for my age I think was 50 - (0 the best and 99 the worst)

apparently the lower the better

Morning Barrie!!!

like a steam bath out here today - over 20 degrees and damp

this tends towards confirmation of the idea that it's not real photography unless it's black and white :D
Was there ever a question?!?! :D

I wouldn't even try a test like this - it would just confuse my poor little brain and to what end? When I leave a shot in color, I play with the processing until it looks right to me, which generally has eff-all to do with accuracy. And mostly I convert to B&W and it only matters to the extent of manipulating the color channels, but that's not all that subtle an exercise and minor differences in hues are meaningless...

-Ray

I got 19 on a non-calibrated laptop. I did the same test a few years ago, scored a little better then (around 10 or so), so obviously I get worse with age. :D

I scored a zero with an old crusty Dell 24" monitor, LOL!

I worked in a paint store for 7 years, and part of my job was matching paint. We did not have a fancy laser color scan thing, so it was done by eye. I was quite good at it, too. Hrm, maybe its why I'm not a huge fan of B+W?

Back