How good are our eyes at differentiating hues?

I'm thinking, because to me sorting is a matter of brightness or vivid color in descending order from the ends to center in this case.. that one could likely do it in monotone as effectively so I am not sure if calibration matters. I've also noticed that if the colors aren't arranged properly the bottom line or edge where each box rests looks jagged as if the box out of place is tipped a little to the right or left and not sitting flat. My eyes see the inconsistency in tone graduation. When in order it is a smooth straight line.

I scored a 3, which I felt was pretty good. I found that taking off my reading glasses after I rearranged the tiles really helped as the tiles looked more like one long line rather than a bunch of boxes.

I scored 32, but honestly I thought the order looked pretty darn right to me, and I don't think if I screwed up such small differences in a picture it would bother me even one bit.... after all with such small differences who is to say how it should look anyway. If a picture looks good to me I an happy enough, could not care less it it might not be the exact actual colour. I I want my pictures to look exactly like the real world I will just stop using my cameras and just start using my eyes only to see the world... Having said that I admire people who had a perfect score, those colours were all damn close...! And oh yeah, I shoot B&W 90% of the time anyway...:)

Back