Micro 4/3 How I re-discovered my less used lenses....

Since last summer I've been a co-organizer for a meetup group and have been "focusing" on going to small towns around the area (keeping it within an hour or so of home). Over the last 6 or 7 years using M43 cameras (EPL1, EP5, Gx8, Gx85, G9) I've acquired some good glass (although I think most M43 are sharp, build quality is the differentiator IMHO) I've got a few lenses that seldom get used. These are the Pany 35-100 f4-5.6, Pany 14mm and GWC1, and the Rokinon 7.5 FE. So I adjusted my intown and birding kits. The 14 GWC1 setup is now in my LowPro Toploader with the G9/100-400 for birding, and the 35-100 & 7.5 FE with second G9 with 12-35 are my in town kit. With On1 noise AI and their new resize tool, I really don't see the need to either sell or get new glass. My second stringers are in the same bags I used to take without them. Each has proved that with each new camera it can produce great color and sharp images. I've always found that my travel set (Oly 75-300 & 9-18) while not PRO level lenses capture for me fine images, why I did not think the other unused lenses could do the same baffles me.

We are so lucky in M43 that the lower cost options produce such wonderful images IMHO.

Back