How many cameras do you currently own?

Count me as another "too many". Z6, K-1, X-H1, X100F, X-E2S and lenses for each.

Not buying anything more (camera specific) until I check out an E-M5mkIII, and see where the Z line, forthcoming Pentax APS-C flagship, and X100 line are headed.

Then I'll have decisions to make.

I'd really like to be thinned down to essentially four cameras: a pocket digital, a system digital (because sometimes I am prevailed upon by family or whatever to take certain kinds of shots, for which I need flexibility), a pocket film and a system film.

When I say system, I usually only want about two lenses, something wide-normal and a short tele. I'd also be happy to thin the film two down to one, if it was a versatile enough body and a lens or two.

Just the two digital (not counting the phone) and 9 film cameras - one SLR and 8 compacts of various sizes. As per the very first post on this thread, I would dearly love an X100F (or even T) but my pension ain’t that generous...

• Currently my main camera is a Sony A7Rm2.
  • I still have my previous main camera, a Sony A7, which permanently sits on a tripod in my table-top studio. I once cleaned off the glue of the display cover with acetone, which started to dissolve the buttons :eek:. It still works flawlessly and I keep it, also as a backup, I don't think I'll be able to sell it for any reasonable price.
  • I also still have a NEX-6 with a few E-mount lenses. I've kept it because my daughter borrowed it from time to time. I might sell it in a not too distant future.
  • And then I have a bunch of Minolta film cameras as a collection: SR-T models, XD-7, XE-1, X-700, X-300, that sort of stuff. Never use them, film is just too much of a hassle.
I don't see myself as a camera geek, it's a tool that permits wonderful lenses to be used. I bought the A7Rm2 in 2016 and I'm hoping that the A7m4 is going to come next year with a 36 MP sensor, that might be my next camera. If and when grandchildren will come into our lives, I'm going straight for the A9m2 or something that's similarly capable of blindingly fast autofocus. And I'm essentially a one-system, even a mostly one-camera guy; I've had multiple systems in the past but they overlapped only for short time periods, I always ended up selling off the lesser used system. This is the main reason why I successfully fought off the itch to get a Leica M camera: it could never be my one and only system.

Lenses are another matter. I have a collection of Minolta lenses, that I'm currently pruning to essentially keep the 28mm lenses. These days there is an abundance of native E-mount lenses that transfer their lens data to the EXIF, so I hardly ever use legacy lenses when outside; however, in the table-top studio I only use adapted glass with or without a bellows.

I don't even remember if I posted earlier on this thread; too lazy to check. :hiding: :D

Last edited:
Currently three:

- Sony A7ii w/ 28/35/55/85 lenses - For flexibility and top IQ

- Ricoh GRiii - Compact, pocketable snapshot cam

- Sony RX1Rii - This being the most recent addition and a camera I always wanted to try out. The lens is beautiful, as are the files. Will see how it goes, since really the A7 pretty much covers most of what this offers, but with all the added flexibility.

I mentioned this is the other thread on too many cameras, but definitely looking to simplify in 2020. Hopefully down to an ILC with only a couple of lenses and perhaps also a compact.

Last edited:
As I can only take photos with one camera at one time (if I don't want to carry a heavy and bulky photo bag around) I reduced my gear to two cameras: the Oly with some primes for everything special I want to do (still the E-M5 that's been working for six years now without any problems, after 16 years of OM-4 ... how I miss that multi-spot-metering!) and the lightweight Pana LX100.2 with its excellent Leica zoom as the always-with-me tool.
These two with their different menue settings keep me distracted enough from just taking good photos. ;)
I'm no GASman with collections at display, two working tools is enough.

Oh yes, and there were times when I realized that meGASpending can become multiorGASmic and GAStronomic.

Last edited:
I have just sold an Olympus EM1, EM10mk2 and a Panasonic FZ1000, plus a PL 12-60 zoom. However I still have a few left an need to part with a couple more. Still have, Panasonic GX7, GX8, GX9, GM5 and LX100. Also have Fuji XT1 (2) and Fuji XH1. So 8 in total, I can't seem to part with some lenses, I only sold the 12-60 because I prefer the 12-35 and 35-100 for their f2.8 constant apertures.
I am seriously trying to slim down my gear but find it really hard to part with most of it, even though a lot rarely gets used. There will be more along shortly, I have no doubt. :)

I recently made the decision to sell the M240 and the RX1 in favour of the Sony A9. I need the better autofocus for photographing Lucy, my granddaughter and also the dog! I kept my A7RIII for it's higher resolution for travel and also I have Leica M10 for when I have time for manual focus. I just wasn't getting any use from the M240 or the RX1 given the A7RIII which met most of my needs, bar the quicker af and so I feel reasonably content. It was time to bid a fond farewell to the Sony RX1, I couldn't use it without the evf which made it cumbersome and also it's af was very slow.

Back