How many cameras do you currently own?

Jules, this is a hard question to answer. You see, I believe that I do not "own" cameras, I just look after them while they reside with me before moving on to another. ;)

So, that said, currently "in residence" are:- three Leicas (II, M2, MP4), two Ricohs (GRDIII, GXR), two Nikons (FM3a, D700), one Fuji (X10), one Pentax (Auto 110), two Olympus (Trip, Mju-II) and a pinhole...

Too many? Possibly. But they all get used. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I do take photos :cool:

I'm currently fighting a severe case of X100 lust, but I did a quick camera stocktake last night and my camera tally currently stands at 3 x DSLRs, 1 x CSC, 1 x serious compact and 2 x P&S cameras. I probably don't need another camera, do I? Do I?

How many cameras do other people currently own?

3- Nikon D700, Fuji X Pro1, Fuji X100. I am probably going to buy a Fuji S5. It's a rather unique camera and suited for a couple of jobs I have been asked to do. I had an X10 but I gave it to my niece who is interested in photography.

Then there is the inevitable lens question. Ultimately if you use the camera or lens it's worth it. I'm not much of a collector so I'm probably not the best person to ask. If I don't use it, it goes.

I'm currently fighting a severe case of X100 lust, but I did a quick camera stocktake last night and my camera tally currently stands at 3 x DSLRs, 1 x CSC, 1 x serious compact and 2 x P&S cameras. I probably don't need another camera, do I? Do I?

How many cameras do other people currently own?

Too many, let's get the camera and start shooting right away.
Weather gets better next days, 20 plus Celsius, so I might pick up my V1 for shooting.

An OM-1 which I have bequeathed to my daughter, so it is not really mine anymore is it?

A little old no controls Canon Elph, my beloved Fuji X100 and its younger sibling the X10...which I also hold very dear to my heart.

P.S. Oops, and my iPhone whose camera so far has been my choice for this October's challenge.;) I must add that it has been my choice because I have very little time and can upload directly to Flickr and then post here.

I have four, an OMD (several lenses), an X-Pro (2 lenses but will probably end up with 3-4), an X10, and a GRD3. I should probably sell the GRD3 based on how little use it currently gets, but I don't think I'd get enough for it to justify selling it and its such a fun camera to shoot with that sometimes I enjoy taking it out anyway. And its small, so I'll likely have it a long time. But something from the Fuji family, something in the m43 line, and a nice compact seems like the right fit for me - I could see staying with this basic lineup for a good long while, with an occasional body upgrade it there are any worthwhile improvements. Hard to see where the X-Pro or OMD really could improve in ways that would be meaningful to me, though...

And the iPhone camera which I occasionally pull out, but VERY occasionally. There's also an RX100 in the family but its most decidedly NOT mine any longer. Gave it to my wife a few days ago, she loves it, its hers. Not a good fit for me, but perfect for her...

-Ray

Hmm...
Sigma DP2S, Sigma DP1, Sigma DP1X (the DP1X is a total dud, Sigma says it's within specs but it's not good enough to use, and not good enough to sell)
Canon S95 (wife's camera)
Panasonic LX5 (will be sold)
Sony RX100 (expect this will replace both the S95 and LX5)
Nikon D5100
Nikon D40 (as backup DSLR body)

Guess I don't really need more :)

One; a Samsung EX1. Have been very happy with it, I take it everywhere and it's versatile enough to get decent to excellent shots in most situations.

However, I'm trying to compose an ideal 2- or 3-camera combination for upcoming travels (I'm afraid I'd need at least 3 to fulfill all my desires but that just feels excessive and at odds with the backpacking spirit...)

I'm glad to answer this today and not earlier this year as I sold off a whole bunch of medium format equipment and a Leica Minilux. A cathartic process. Darkroom being sold off and given away as time permits.

Remaining:

• Rollei 35 TE (35mm film)
  • Contax 139 x 2 bodies with a mix of Zeiss and Yashica lenses. I used the lenses for the first time in years on a NEX-5N (since sold)
  • Four vintage Zeiss Ikon folding cameras of various types and in different states of usability
  • Olympus E510 4/3 DSLR my wife gave back to me. I don't want it either. I use it for eBay photography selling other camera gear. ;)
  • Ricoh GXR with Mount A12 for my M and LTM mount rangefinder lenses

Still to sell: too many lenses.

At last count, I think I had about 25. No, I do not use all of them (some take obsolete film formats that are no longer available, e.g., 126 film), and save for the Leicas, the DSLRs and the remnants of my m4/3 kit, none are worth much at all.

You could say I have three systems, and a bunch of assorted old cameras. The three systems (in order of how much use they get) are:

Leica M - M6TTL, M9P, 24mm and 50mm Elmars, 35mm and 90mm Summarits, and a Zeiss 50mm 1.5 C-Sonnar.
Canon EOS - 50D, T1i (500D), Elan IIe, 17-40 4.0 L, 70-200 4.0 IS L, 10-22 3.5-4.5 EF-S, 28 1.8, 60 2.8 EF-S, 24-85 3.5-4.5.
Canon FD - A-1, AT-1, AE-1P, TX and a whole bunch of FD lenses.

There´s also the remnants of my m4/3 system: Lumix GF-3, 20mm Lumix, Oly E-P1 and kit zoom.

The rest is a ragtag assortment of old rangefinders, SLRs and box cameras that have been inherited, received as gifts, or bought very cheap.

The Leicas see the most use. The Canon DSLRs are only used when taking photos for the Museum or if flash is necessary. The Canon FD system sees very occasional use, and has seen no use since I bought the M6. Everything else sees no use at all.

If you are curious, this is what they look like:

Camera Collection - a set on Flickr

Cheers,

Antonio

Four: K7, E-PM1, X-10, Q. I'd like to dump the K7 and get a K30 to use my K mount lenses and have a high iso performer. I know some folks obsess about this, but I often look at my shots and the iso is pinned at 1600 with a low Tv, so I am a low light shooter.

Addition: I forgot my Pentax Sp500, vintage 1974, my only remaining 35mm camera.

From most to least use as of right now:
-Olympus E-M5
-Sony RX100 (really starting to grow on me)
-Panasonic GX1 (hoping to get this converted to monochrome sensor)
-Voigtlander Bessa R3A (film)
-Panasonic G2 (IR converted)
-Bunch of other cameras :rolleyes:

X100, Canon powershot SD1400is (so tiny, such good battery life, such good video, just have to toss it into the bag as a "just in case" camera), a nikon coolpix L100 superzoom from 3 years ago that never gets used anymore, and then for film a non-working Minolta XD11 and a very much working XD5.

Some of you people are monsters.

Back