How many cups of coffee do you drink every day?

Two cups a day of not-too-strong coffee, if I can find a good Latte or Americano at a coffee shop then one more. Now all this is in addition to 4-5 cups of tea a day (incl. one cup of ginger-honey-lemon tea)!

I've had peets before. Its ok. Nothing special IMHO. Many folks around here like 8 o'clock. Its ok too. Right now, my favorite coffee is Don Pablo in the 2lb bag from Costco. I've also had some of the green mountain coffee roaster coffee, and it is really good, depending on the variety.

One of the best cups(and beans) of coffee I've had was from a small shop up in Waynesville, NC. They get their beans from a local roaster. There are several up there in the smokies that are putting out some good stuff.

On a side note, coffee prices are really going up. Apparently green coffee beens are at like a 10 year high from the suppliers.

Better grades of coffee have less acid. If you have acid issues from, say, Peet's Arabian Mocha Sanani diluted 50% with milk, I'd be surprised. Even with half milk (my usual way), bad coffee will upset my stomach.

Wow, and I thought I was the only who got occasional heartburn from coffee.

I found this interesting:

"In terms of taste, the results of this modest sampling are even clearer: Those in pursuit of a coffee with low acidity and high flavor are best served choosing a green bean with naturally low acidity (Brazil, Sumatra, India) brought to a relatively dark degree of roast."

Coffee Review :: The World's Leading Coffee Buying Guide

While my stomach usually appreciates the darker roasted coffees, but I find that many of them usually taste more like "roast" than coffee. The only one I have found that I like that has never bothered my stomach is:

World Market® Sumatra Medium Coffee - Coffee - Cost Plus World Market

Now, I still like the taste of Don Pablo Signature coffee, especially in the morning. It has a sweet but clean finish whereas I find most medium roasted coffees almost too sour( or sometimes called bright). The Old world market Sumatra Medium roast has more of a chocolate flavor without quite the clean finish that most south american coffees do. It also doesn't have the roasted to death taste like some French or Italian roasts do. The problem is, the closest one is in Birmingham, AL but it appears now they have online buying which I may try. I haven't tried their Peruvian, but it is also supposed to be low in acid as well..

I'm a coffee whore. Anywhere I go that sells whole beans I buy a bag and try, even though I only drink a cup or so in the morning.

Dj

Used to have Starbucks at least once a day during workdays. But getting too expensive. So switching over to hot chocolate from the sandwich shop in the building. And making avocado smoothies at home.

First one is after 9AM at work, then one or more during the day. All espresso, from our little machine in the corner, I operate it myself.
One more at home after dinner, moka made.

That makes them about four a day, less if I'm busy, more if I'm tired.
Sadly, the 3kg brought back from Harar are finished - back to standard fare.

Back