Fuji How many have sold their X pro 1

Peter Chin

Regular
How many have sold off their X Pro 1 to move up to the T1 or moved out all together?

I am thinking of selling mine ahead of the mad dump (unless i missed it already :() but not for the T1 but for the yet to be announced X pro 2.

I like the X pro1 heck, i still have the X 100 that i use ...god i hate having GAS :p

I have the X-T1 - and the X-E1... At the moment I am contemplating swapping the latter FOR an X-Pro1 - the firmware upgrades since launch make a good camera quite formidable... Why change, other than GAS? (That's a serious question!)

I am still using my XP-1 as my only camera, I don't think I'll be upgrading to the XP-2 when it gets announced either for a couple of reasons.

1. It's not that I don't suffer from GAS, I suffer from GAS as much as the next person, however my XP-1 is really more than adequate for my skill level, and realistically I don't think getting an improved camera will really make me a better photographer or more succinctly my XP-1 does everything I want it to do and then some.

2. I'm probably looking at things from a Leica perspective, If you have an M9, is it really advisable to upgrade to an M9-P? or to an M240? I don't think the focusing will get any faster :p, there will be some minor function upgrades and additions, but do you really need these to take your photos? I'm probably risking comparing apples and oranges here, and I know that the focus speed of the XP-1 has been the subject of many criticisms and I will admit that to some will not be able to live with it's focusing speed, but for me it has been more than adequate and I've shot low light, street, landscapes, candids, etc.. and it has never let me down, I guess it'll come down to how you shoot.

3. The upgraded sensor could be tons better than the XP-1, but I can't remember the last time I printed a billboard sized photo, actually I can't remember ever printing a photo larger than 16 x 20 with most of my photos ending up in various forums and flickr online. If did photography for a living and I am being commissioned for a job then it'll be another story.

Why would you sell a great camera and go without for months when nobody knows yet what the 2 will be? Or when? There will be no fire sale on these great cameras.Besides, cameras are to use, not continually sell.

..because i over-bought (G.A.S) so rather than have them collect dust, i tried to sell them :p first my NEX system...only lowballers and now my XP1 with the same results :(
My main system is still a full frame DSLR (1Dx +5D3, i shoot sports) and i have both a X100 and X100s, LX7 and a X5 for my Pentax forum ...believe it or not i am not selling out of money issues as i priced my sales 50% or less off current price but for lack of use...i don't mind losing but i don't like taking a beating.

The folks who are probably thinking of selling or upgrading got scared off :p

I think it’s a great camera and personally I wouldn’t be selling up, but at the same time I also do not want to come across as “upgrade bashing” and I do understand that this will be a purely personal thing, as I mentioned previously most of the reasons why I’m staying with the camera is due my own thoughts about it, however I am sure that there will be others that will have a different perspective and reason why they want to upgrade, trade up, sell, etc..

Whether you want to stay with it or sell it and upgrade, there is no right or wrong answer, it all comes down to personal preference.

So if you are planning to sell, advertise it here ;) and let us know your personal thoughts on selling or upgrading, and don’t forget to show us your new camera (and pics) once you have it (y).

I've only just become 100% content with three of cameras. X-Pro1, E-P5 & X100s. While I'm enjoying such serenity and contentment, I'm not going to go stirring things up by thinking such madness as selling my beloved X-Pro1. There will come a time... but thankfully it's not yet foreseeable. :D

The camera is like any other tool, it really has no expiry date, you keep using it till it dies...it's the "Hype" and peer pressure that gives us GAS, this is why there are still people shooting film, instant cameras...this is what after years of GAS i've come to understand...you just need one and that's it, something no manufacturer wants to hear...except maybe leica but they make you pay for it :)

A new camera doesn't make you a better photographer just a poorer one. Nothing wrong with the X-Pro1. What do you need to do that it can't do??

I've just pulled the trigger on a refurb X-Pro1 from Fuji UK - £499 of your Earth pounds and a 12-month manufacturer warranty. I think that's a steal, particularly since once it is in my sweaty palms I shall liquidate my X-E1.

It's a funny old world, when you think about it - The X-Pro, thanks to firmware upgrades, is generally acknowledged to be a significantly better camera than at launch, selling for less than half the original price...

Happy, happy, happy :D

I know what you mean Bill, with the firmware updates Fuji has been churning out the XP-1 is now completely a different animal from when it was released, a really big credit to Fuji for caring about the people who purchase their products.

I am also in the same boat, I want to purchase a second body, but at the moment I am saving up for the 23mm lens.

Sometimes it's about how much you enjoy taking photos with the camera you have. I love taking photos with my XT-1 as much as I love the photos it takes. Previously I had a Nikon D7000 and although it took great pics, I didn't enjoy taking pics with it the way I do with the Fuji. I would like to try the X-pro1 as a second body though. They certainly sell below value on the used market.

Iu
I've just pulled the trigger on a refurb X-Pro1 from Fuji UK - £499 of your Earth pounds and a 12-month manufacturer warranty. I think that's a steal, particularly since once it is in my sweaty palms I shall liquidate my X-E1.

It's a funny old world, when you think about it - The X-Pro, thanks to firmware upgrades, is generally acknowledged to be a significantly better camera than at launch, selling for less than half the original price...

Happy, happy, happy :D

Now for $499 I'd go for a refurbed XPro 1 with manufacturer warranty. But Fuji doesn't seem to be doing refurbed sales in the U.S.

I don't plan on selling my X-Pro1 because it's image quality is still superb, and it actually has more dynamic range down in the 1/4 tones and blacks than the X-T1. And, I'm not sure than an X-Pro2 with 24 megapixels of resolution in an APS-C sized sensor would be want I want, either. All depends if it could match the noise performance of a 16 megapixel sensor with it's larger pixels.

Back