how often to print

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
Hi all. I finally hooked up the printer that came a couple weeks ago. My first print turned out beautifully. At least as well as can be expected. There are some flaws that I wasn't able to see on my screen, but that's another problem for another day. Frankly, it's better than I thought it would be. Now one issue that I have heard people speak of is that the particular model I chose (Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II) does not consume a ton of ink in regular use. But if left to sit for a month, it will run through an alignment to unclog itself that DOES use up a ton of ink.

So, you home printers..... do you print a photo or 2 every week just to keep everything flowing? Is that enough? I bought the printer mainly to do big prints to hang around the house, but could I just do a couple snapshot size to keep it running good?

Any other tips or tricks are welcome, but I'll post more specific questions if they come up. Thanks to Elliot for suggesting that everyone print some photos. I'm just worried that I won't be able to stop.

Yes, left unused for a while, inkjet printers will dry and clog the jets. We use ours foe general printing as needed. It keeps things working fine. Any size print will work, to keep the jets working.

Back