Straps How to carry a Camera

HHhhhhm..... sounds like maybe it was just my (cheap) sling of choice I was trying back then. Thanks for the responses, I think I'll be checking Amazon later with some of the vendor names mentioned to see their offerings. With the warmer weather coming back to the NE USA I'm sure I'll be out & about with my wife soon.
To be honest, I wouldn't trust my gear on a cheap sling. Black Rapid or Peak Design would be on my list for sure.

HHhhhhm..... sounds like maybe it was just my (cheap) sling of choice I was trying back then. Thanks for the responses, I think I'll be checking Amazon later with some of the vendor names mentioned to see their offerings. With the warmer weather coming back to the NE USA I'm sure I'll be out & about with my wife soon.
69 F in VA today. These early warm days are a real treat.

Just spent a day off running with the 16-55 on the Peak Slide and the 50-140 on the Slide Lite. Was totally accidental and didn't even really click in my mind until the long ride home. Either one does a great job, but I'll probably splurge for another full Slide and move the Lite to the X30.

Renewing Steve's old thread, but with the addition of "on a bicycle". I know there are many of you who also cycle, so what are your favorite methods of carrying your gear while you ride? I have long used a Rixen & Kaul bag that snaps to a mount on the handlebar, or for the X30 a smaller bag that dangles from the bar by a pair of velcro straps. I thought about getting a PD Field Pouch V2 and slinging it across my back, but it looks too big for a small ILC with a single lens. My goal is to clean up my handlebar and carry minimal camera gear.

Renewing Steve's old thread, but with the addition of "on a bicycle". I know there are many of you who also cycle, so what are your favorite methods of carrying your gear while you ride? I have long used a Rixen & Kaul bag that snaps to a mount on the handlebar, or for the X30 a smaller bag that dangles from the bar by a pair of velcro straps. I thought about getting a PD Field Pouch V2 and slinging it across my back, but it looks too big for a small ILC with a single lens. My goal is to clean up my handlebar and carry minimal camera gear.
Depends imo if you’re sitting upright on a bicycle, or leaning forward. Sitting upright a shoulder bag will probably do. Leaning forward however I’d be thinking about some sort of sling bag, or a backpack. The kind of bag that stays in place.

Something like the Tenba Solstice Sling Bag 7 or 10 liter.

On a bike, depends on the kit.

For me the go to was the Think Tank Digital Holster with the chest harness attachment. I got the one that fits the Olympus EM1.2 and the 12-100/4 perfectly. Extra battery in the lid compartment and you are good to go!

Easy access without having to slide a bag around or take it off.

Back