Guide How to disable "Holiday" theme elements

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
As certain holidays or other special days draw near you may see some decorative graphics or other themed elements that are related to the holiday. They'll be just little things meant to add a bit of whimsy.

But, alas, not everybody enjoys partaking in reindeer games so you have an option to turn them off. In your member account "Preferences" settings, in the "Content options" section, you will see a new "Disable holiday styling" option. By default the option is not enabled. To not see any of the holiday themed elements just enable the option. :)

1572026197724.png

I'll have to wait and see how the themes look before I default to "Humbug!" (My default setting, but I'm trying to get better...)

Well... I didn't disable the Holiday Theme but I don't see any Holiday Themes... Hey- Halloween is just around the corner! There's gotta be a Pumpkin in here somewhere!

I'll have to wait and see how the themes look
I don't see any Holiday Themes
I hadn’t seen anything enabled yet
I should've mentioned.... I purposely didn't turn anything on until I posted this thread so that the 'regulars' could get a early warning before they see anything funky. Halloween is subtle, just a few things; the most obvious item would've been flying bats across the screen but I've turned that off because (a) it was really annoying and (b) on older devices the JS would've slowed down the browser.

1572043266377.png
🤣

This reminds me of the rules of cricket...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game...

Thanks for enabling to disable.
For a couple of days I've been puzzled by this attack on aesthetics in a forum that promotes aesthetic pics but could not find out how to get rid of this Potter fake hat. Now it's done and I'm feeling fine again. Maybe I'm just too old for such kiddie stuff.

Last edited:
Back