How to order from Luigi?

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Name
Jack
I've been wanting to splurge on a nice strap and a new case. Got some Gordy straps (neck and wrist), but they didn't turn out to my liking. Very sturdy, well made, and strong. But a little rough on the edge. So comes in Luigi. Luigi's website is more confusing than a maze. I must have spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what different types of cases he offers. What options and add-ons he offers on a case. What colors are available in a particular type of case. The pricing. What he currently has "in stock" or "ready" as he calls it, vs. what is made to order.

If you have experience ordering from Luigi, I'd love to have a FAQ type of thread discussing the ins and outs of understanding his website.

Thank you!

I have a couple of Luigi cases and straps. They are beautifully made - far better than the cheap knock-offs that you can find. The best thing to do is send an email with your exact requirements. The alternative is to find him on eBay and order through there - he seems to be more responsive via that route. I think after some negative comments about communications he has a new girl (daughter??) handling the orders - certainly it all seems much slicker these days. I agree the website is an eyesore! :D

Thanks Bill. I am having a hard time figuring out the different types of cases and what to call them. They all look the same to me, with the exception of without grip, with built-in grip, and the ones built to go over the Leica grip. The website then splatters the same photos all over different pages, but describes them differently. He says that he has cases ready for delivery, but I haven't really been able to determine which ones they are. Totally confused ... maybe Ebay is the way to go!

Armando,

I'd just email his daughter, Minevra, who handles a lot of his office work I think, and is basically fluent in English, at least written English. I've generally told her which strap I was interested in as specifically as I could and asked any questions. She'd attempt to answer, we might go back and forth a couple of times, but we always got it worked out. She'll quote you a price (presuming you want to pay with paypal and have it shipped fedex, she'll figure any fees and give you a total) and then you just send them a paypal with the specifics restated in the paypal order. If its something they don't have to make custom, they generally get it out FAST. I've placed orders for a couple of straps, gotten them Fed Ex the next day, and a couple of days later get a confirmation of the order and the shipping...

The cases may be a little more complicated than the straps, but I've gotten to know their strap selection pretty well by now. The only case I ever looked at was their X100 case, but it was more than I was willing to spend, so I've never ordered a case from them. But they make NICE stuff.

-Ray

I have ordered two cases from him for my Nikon SPs, both times could not have been smoother, just email him the details about which camera it is for, what color you like and I also asked for ones he already had in stock, very happy with both cases, super well made, shipped very quickly , I even gave him an image of one of the cases with my camera which he is using on the site.
Leicatime.com
View attachment 51528

Here's a page with some M9 cases on it, although mostly M8 and X1:

Cases for Leica Digital.htm

I usually find it easier to do a Google search for the specific item (Luigi M9 case, Luigi wrist strap, etc) rather than try to find the right page from within his site. But if you can point to the stuff on this page and then email and ask what else is available, I'm sure they'll let you know. The ordering process isn't automated, but I've found it consistently painless.

-Ray

Back