Fuji How To Shoot Sports With The Fuji X-E2 and X-T1

Saibot

Rookie
After having some challenges with shooting sports with my X-E2 I did some research and experimented with shooting fast moving subjects to see how I could best tweak my camera's setting for the best results.

It's a little long winded so I wound up putting it all into a post here:
How To Shoot Sports With A Fuji X-E2 and X-T1

I sure hope you guys find it helpful!

Nice summary!

I just wish that the Pre-AF weren't part of the recipe. It's a little jerky and eats up batteries. Thinking out loud, if you half-release the shutter to engage AF-C a few seconds before you really want to shoot, does it have the same effect, but without having to have Pre-AF going all of the time? In other words, is Pre-AF just AF-C that is running all of the time? Would certainly save the batteries and avoid having a herky-jerky EVF all of the time.

Nice summary!

I just wish that the Pre-AF weren't part of the recipe. It's a little jerky and eats up batteries. Thinking out loud, if you half-release the shutter to engage AF-C a few seconds before you really want to shoot, does it have the same effect, but without having to have Pre-AF going all of the time? In other words, is Pre-AF just AF-C that is running all of the time? Would certainly save the batteries and avoid having a herky-jerky EVF all of the time.

I'm glad you liked the article!
I'm not sure what the difference would be to be honest. In most cases I just leave it on and I always have a spare battery. I'm not sure if it is more aggressive with the autofocus in that mode or not. I'll have to play with it and see if I can tell a difference.

Back