Fuji How's the X-T10 ?

damianmkv

Regular
I've had a couple of Fuji cameras in the past ( XF1, X30 and X100T ) but sold them all so that I could change from m43 to a D500. However, with a holiday coming i'm thinking about the (lack of) portability of my Nikon gear and should i go for a Fuji again ?

I don't want to spend lots of money so was thinking about the X-T10 and 16-50ii. How are these ? Its just for memories, nothing special..

Or am i mad and i should just take my d500, 16-80 and a prime ?

#GAS...

no, i only have Nikon and a RX100. The Sony is OK but I don't like to use it - it leaves me cold. Its just a holiday, not sightseeing

I've tried to like Fuji, but there are just too many things that always turn me away from Fuji.

I'd seriously look at getting a used m43 kit for a little bit of cash. That's what I did.
My Nikon D500/D750 are used for serious work.

My Nikon Df, Oly PEN-F/EM5.2 are used for light traveling and fun stuff.

Nothing wrong with diversity.

Now...having said all that and having once owned the Fuji XT10. It is not a bad camera. I found it a little small, but the AF was decent, IQ was great Fuji tones and colors. For a compact kit in the Fuji line, it is really hard to beat, IMHO. I did miss not having the ISO dial like on the XT1, because one of the things that get me interested in Fuji initially was having the exposure controls as dials.

Now, if you like the rangefinder styled bodies, the XE2s or XE3 might interest you as well.

I've had a couple of Fuji cameras in the past ( XF1, X30 and X100T ) but sold them all so that I could change from m43 to a D500. However, with a holiday coming i'm thinking about the (lack of) portability of my Nikon gear and should i go for a Fuji again ?

I don't want to spend lots of money so was thinking about the X-T10 and 16-50ii. How are these ? Its just for memories, nothing special..

#GAS...
I shoot a D7100 with mostly FX glass myself. I find my X100T to be a great portable all around camera that I use quite often. It is just so much easier in many situations to carry the Fuji over the DSLR gear.

If the X100 focal length is limiting, pickup any other Fuji that fits your needs/budget and go from there. Maybe even a X-E1?

I loved my X100T ( i had the WA adapter too ) but i'd like more reach really. Its also beyond my price range that i can justify
Will have a look at the X-E1, thanks.. I'm not familiar with the Fuji line up

@gryphon1911 - there was a E-M10 mk2 that came up for sales really cheap 10 days ago..maybe i should've gone for that ? Its certainly more pocketable

My very first Fuji camera/lens combo was an X-T10 with the 16-50 XC lens, and I still use the hell out of it! IMHO this is the best combo for those who want to try Fuji X and don't wish to spend a fortune. I still have Mu-43 stuff but there is no comparison to Fuji imagery. BTW, the XC lenses are absolutely superb for their very low cost.

Thanks Andy - i loved m43 but in low light, there's no comparison to APSC ( yes i know about the IBIS etc but i'm talking entry level used pricing here ). I also loved the Fuji B&W files SOOC

I have an X-T20 and an X-T1. The T20 is actually a little smaller than my Oly EM-5; so small, in fact that I had to put it in a leather half-case to make it more comfortable to handle. The sensor is wonderful, much better than my now departed Canon 6D, and I use it without hesitation for professional work.

The T1 is marginally larger than the EM-5, and delightful to handle. The image quality is more than adequate for most of the work I do. They are also very cheap right now. A real bargain.

As for the 16-50: my copy is very sharp; so much so that I use it for weddings and have no need for the larger, faster, and more expensive lenses in that range. Fuji’s basic lenses are very, very good. (See my woodpecker shots.)

I shoot a D7100 with mostly FX glass myself. I find my X100T to be a great portable all around camera that I use quite often. It is just so much easier in many situations to carry the Fuji over the DSLR gear.

If the X100 focal length is limiting, pickup any other Fuji that fits your needs/budget and go from there. Maybe even a X-E1?

Or grab the TCL and WCL for the x100 bodies for travel and roll with one of the x100 bodies like Joe suggests. Adding one of the teleconverters as needed.

I've had the x100T and wide angle converter before and loved it. Unfortunately, used prices have gone up massively - if I bought both converters and another T, I could be looking at over £800 and that's more than I want to spend.

Looking at the x-t10, does it have the same processor as the T ? So the image quality should be pretty similar ( allowing for any differences in the lens of each camera ) ?

Yeah, the T10 has the same processor, sensor, AF, etc. And the T10 is quite capable of producing amazing photos. I spent a year using a pair of T10s and small primes covering events. The X-T10 performed very well for me.

#GAS...
I have an Xe2 and an Xt1. I also have the 16-50mm lens. The lens is great, light, great IQ, Stabilisation etc etc. Never used an XT10. I'd go for the Xe2S (B & H have a great deal I think NEW) and get a used or new 16-50. Very light and and fun to use. If you don't like rangefinder style the XT10 is pretty much the same camera I believe. Here's a shot from two evenings ago on my Xe2/16-50 processed in AlienSkin X3. I hope this helps. Pura Vida from Costa Rica.
11 4 18 Sunset Ektachrome 100GX no 3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The UK has the factory refurb store which is a plus which we don't have in the US.

Back