How's weather at your place?

We're blooming in Virginia:
blooms032524.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We have been in Portugal since Feb 1. Very unsettled this year. To date my wife counted 19 full sunny days. About 9 full rainy days. Two days of sand from the Sahara desert. We've been through 3 storms and two were named. First one that hit Europe last month and now Nelson is slamming us.

Still better than -30 Celsius although there have been some pretty warm breaks back in Canada. Didn't stop us too much and I got a lot of shooting in. We missed this by one day. We were there on Sunday and it was still nuts. What a place. There was so much salt spray it looked like fog so I never took my gear out.

We head home on April 1.

1000014978.jpg

The weather has been effing crazy for the last 7 days, temperature drops from one day to another, storm blowing very low and fast clouds, showers every few hours with some downpour just in case you managed to avoid getting wet, wind ripped a few trees and roofs.

1000014982.jpg

... 5 minutes later ...

1000015834.jpg

The weather is getting quite crazy here. So much wind that I have to start walking sideways or load up all my gear with me so I don't take off. It's like going through Winter instead of Spring. We did have a very dry, warm and calm December and January ... Now we are having 10 C and more rain then the tropics.

Last edited:
It's just non stop windy windy windy windy windy
1000015922.jpg

The wind was so intense today that the trees were spasming violent, nearly got my head chopped off by a large falling branch.
My favourite trees are being deflowered by the wind and I will not have to many opportunities to photograph them before they are gone until next spring.

After almost a week of summer temperatures (over 25°C / 77°F) April is swinging back to the other extreme.
Ten minutes of hail this early afternoon.
P4170139.1.JPG
P4170141.1.JPG
P4170145.1.JPG
P4170143.1.JPG

Back