How's weather at your place?

Now it's -6 C (21 F) and more snow expected during the night, roughly 10cm. If this snow lasts, which means that it doesn't melt before winter (heh, heh), it's first time in 75 years that we have permanent snow on this time of the year, already. No wonder that climate scepticism is popular these days. We'd love a little bit climate warming, eh.

IMG_1513.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_1514.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry about crappy quick pictures with iPhone....

The cold is coming, however.
Indeed. Where I live is only a little over 2 hours from Blacksburg. Similar terrain, but lower elevation. Our weather is fickle; today we're about 20 degrees cooler than earlier this week, and it's expected to be much cooler tomorrow. Sudden cold snaps after warm Autumn weather are fairly common to us, although this Autumn has been warmer than normal. My fat bike is ready - I love being in the woods in cold weather.

We're just into the cool season here - 31C today. Unfortunately, it makes little difference to the humidity.

Absolutely stunning Veteran's Day 2016. Started out chilly but sunny, and was till somewhat nippy mid-afternoon, but a 10 mile bike ride through the woods let me enjoy both the sunshine and the remaining Autumn colors. Still a fair bit of golds and reds scattered through the forests.

Weather has turned weird. Down in the 30s (F) at night, warming to 60-ish in the day, dropping back off fast at sunset. Supposed to be near 80 Friday, with a sudden drop-off Friday night to a cold, rainy weekend, struggling to get out of the 30s Sunday. Welcome to November, WV style.

We're getting the usual autumnal rollercoaster of temperatures. The next few days are around 5ºC max, whereas Monday was 14ºC. So far though it has been remarkably benign, certainly compared to last autumn which was unremittingly wet, windy and miserable.

Back