Hows weather at your place?

mike3996

Top Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Here's it's a crisp -30 celsius out there (-22 F), also as dry as a dead dingo's you-know-what.

As there's been some cold days before, the walls do radiate here as well. But they "radiate" cool as the walls have got cold. We do insulation because of the cold but it can keep the temperatures away for only so long.

It's going to be one of those weeks when I'd prefer to commute to work by foot (as long as the commute remains within ~1 mile or so).

I just love winters, unironically. :)

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Cold, windy, just enough snow to create havoc on the roads, and about to get a whole lot colder tonight. I'd still go out for the eclipse, except we are at 100% obscuration. It seems like every time there is an interesting astronomical event, we are clouded over. :(

Covey22

Hall of Famer
Feb 3, 2012
We've gotten everything in the last 12 hours thanks to Winter Storm Harper - Snow, sleet, freezing rain, now heavy rain and storm gusts if you're on the coast. I spent two hours clearing out rain sodden snow this morning off the cars, plowing a path to the driveway, backyard path and deck. It's still raining - estimated 2-3.5" (5-9 cm) in rain after the snow fell. Then before anything can even have a chance to dry off, the temps will plummet tonight into the single digits, with the wind chill it will be below zero. Solid sheets of ice if you didn't bother clearing it out today. I shook my head because all my neighbors waited until about noon, 1:00pm to start shoveling. At that point, it was two inches of snow sodden by at least 1.5 inches of rain - what I call "Heart Attack Waiting to Happen" quality.

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
32 degrees Fahrenheit as of 4pm ET in the New York metro area. Nasty wind chill, too - already below zero. Going down to 7 tonight with a high of 15 on Monday - all the while with the wind still whipping.

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
32 degrees Fahrenheit as of 4pm ET in the New York metro area. Nasty wind chill, too - already below zero. Going down to 7 tonight with a high of 15 on Monday - all the while with the wind still whipping.
Sounds pretty similar to us down here in the mid Appalachians. I'm planning to bundle up and go out waterfall hunting tomorrow morning.

Covey22

Hall of Famer
Feb 3, 2012
4F degrees but with a windchill pushing it down to -25F. Everything froze. I had to get into my car from the hatchback and crawl forward, then use some shouldering against the passenger doors. Nasty.

The only reason I'm out in this weather is errands. And if I'm going to be out here, then I need to be properly equipped:

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
Yesterday, thinking of how my Dad would have put it- "Colder than a Well-Digger's Ass in the Klondike". Today- "just freezing". Good day for a big dinner to heat the house up. I just put dinner into the oven.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom