Hows weather at your place?

rayvonn

All-Pro
Jan 19, 2015
I dunno exactly what the temperature was at Coogee Beach Sydney, but it felt like around 35 degrees when this shot was taken today at 1pm.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The volleyball court is empty. That is because the locals know full well it is too hot to play. See those people in the background? They're tourists, the only people on the beach at that time of day. I read a passage once about the tourists sunbathing at Coogee beach, ignorant of the pimple-like boils developing on their faces as the sun aggressively beats down on them. It's true. And over this Australia Day weekend, we're looking at plus 42 degree temperatures. That's how the weather is at my place.

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
The volleyball court is empty. That is because the locals know full well it is too hot to play. See those people in the background? They're tourists, the only people on the beach at that time of day. I read a passage once about the tourists sunbathing at Coogee beach, ignorant of the pimple-like boils developing on their faces as the sun aggressively beats down on them. It's true. And over this Australia Day weekend, we're looking at plus 42 degree temperatures. That's how the weather is at my place.
When I lived in Florida, one could always tell who the locals were on the sunny beach - those with hats and shirts on.

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Nov 3, 2018
Pennsylvania, USA
It's bit chilly right now, around -22 F. Will be this cold the whole weekend, with possibly -31 F for Monday. Not much windy, thank goodness.
OK, I won't complain about our -1 F at the moment! :eek:

One thing I regret about this weather though is that this morning, while dropping Mrs. Kevin off to work, I didn't stop off at one of the local rivers to take a few shots of the steam that was coming off the water. I didn't realize till I was surfing the web this afternoon that so-called "sea fog" wasn't a common thing until I saw a bunch of articles about fog coming off the Chicago river. I just thought it was something that people were used to seeing in really cold weather.

Richard

Top Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Marlow, UK
A fall of snow overnight in the Thames Valley. Nothing spectacular, but enough to look pretty and to close some local schools. Temperature currently just on zero C.

-R

Luke

Super Moderator
Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
Luke
it's just a few degrees above freezing here and we've had a couple days straight of freezing rain, sleet, snow and any sort of misery one can imagine when the temps fluctuate a few degrees at the freezing point. I'm hoping it's warm enough that most of the sidewalks are merely wet and not ice, because Ruby really a walk to blow off some energy.

NoSeconds

Top Veteran
Jan 1, 2017
Troy
Apparently half the Northern Territory has been evacuated by the government and Army, pending the apocalypse....

Meanwhile in my neck of the woods, it’s just another day in WA...

Except for people stocking up slightly more on the necessities like booze...

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom