How's weather at your place?

mike3996

Hall of Famer
Where are you Mike?
Finland, 63rd parallel north.

We get 2-3 weeks of this sort of cold, per winter. This is nicer than the humid coastal winter if you ask me.

This is my humble hut

01-21-12-55-MP004805.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
It's bit chilly right now, around -22 F. Will be this cold the whole weekend, with possibly -31 F for Monday. Not much windy, thank goodness.
OK, I won't complain about our -1 F at the moment! :eek:

One thing I regret about this weather though is that this morning, while dropping Mrs. Kevin off to work, I didn't stop off at one of the local rivers to take a few shots of the steam that was coming off the water. I didn't realize till I was surfing the web this afternoon that so-called "sea fog" wasn't a common thing until I saw a bunch of articles about fog coming off the Chicago river. I just thought it was something that people were used to seeing in really cold weather.

Richard

All-Pro
A fall of snow overnight in the Thames Valley. Nothing spectacular, but enough to look pretty and to close some local schools. Temperature currently just on zero C.

-R

Real Name
Luke
it's just a few degrees above freezing here and we've had a couple days straight of freezing rain, sleet, snow and any sort of misery one can imagine when the temps fluctuate a few degrees at the freezing point. I'm hoping it's warm enough that most of the sidewalks are merely wet and not ice, because Ruby really a walk to blow off some energy.

Richard

All-Pro
It's unseasonably warm for February. Daytime temperatures have been in the mid-teens for the last week or so, with 18 C forecast for today. This is the sort of weather we normally get in May, not in February. It's all very pleasant, but I can't help feeling that it's just not right and that there will be a terrible price to be paid at some point.

Meanwhile, I have cut the grass and we have eaten outside for the first time this year.

-R

Richard

All-Pro
Apparently, the UK has just experienced its warmest February day on record, with the Met Office reporting a temperature of 20.3C (68.54F) at Trawsgoed, Ceredigion (I had to look that up - it's in Wales. About halfway up on the left hand side).

It's not right, I tell you ...

-R

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Martin Connolly
Apparently, the UK has just experienced its warmest February day on record, with the Met Office reporting a temperature of 20.3C (68.54F) at Trawsgoed, Ceredigion (I had to look that up - it's in Wales. About halfway up on the left hand side).

It's not right, I tell you ...

-R
A mere 17C here today, but clear blue skies. Amazing stuff for the time of year.

Richard

All-Pro
I've just read that the UK has broken the record for its warmest winter day for the second day running, with a temperature of 21.2°C recorded in Kew Gardens in London.

21.2°C in February. That's just silly.

-R

Latest threads

Top Bottom