How's weather at your place?

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
Friday morning I wrote in another thread: The weather service is predicting rain for this morning. An hour ago there was a beautiful sunrise. I don't see rain, just a bit of moisture on the deck from yesterday afternoon's brief showers. Boy, did I have to eat those words. It started raining Friday afternoon, and didn't stop until this morning. Like every other hillside home in my state, water runoff is a huge pain.

@Biro asked for photos of my van conversion project, so here goes. I am trying to keep this as minimalist, inexpensive, and low impact as possible - for a variety of reasons.
I am starting with a real "beater" van, after getting the one "do this NOW" item done on the van, the next step was removing the middle seats - I am keeping the third row stowed away for now. I have a 5x7' rug and a cabinet from Restore that will hold the water works and have room for the stove.

20210226_114312.jpg

All seats raised. Standard configuration minivan.
20210226_114302.jpg

Third row stowed, second row being removed. Note the rug and cabinet.
20210301_163230.jpg

Biro

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
@Biro asked for photos of my van conversion project, so here goes. I am trying to keep this as minimalist, inexpensive, and low impact as possible - for a variety of reasons.
I am starting with a real "beater" van, after getting the one "do this NOW" item done on the van, the next step was removing the middle seats - I am keeping the third row stowed away for now. I have a 5x7' rug and a cabinet from Restore that will hold the water works and have room for the stove.

View attachment 250530

All seats raised. Standard configuration minivan.
View attachment 250531

Third row stowed, second row being removed. Note the rug and cabinet.
View attachment 250532
Excellent! Fairly inexpensive mini-vans are pretty easy to find and can be converted for all kinds of uses. This doesn't look like a Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge. Maybe a Ford?

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
We've had very Spring-like weather the past few days. Early Spring, mind you, with temps dropping into the low 30s or even high 20s at night, but sunny and warming up to where it's comfortable to be out on a bike with a light jacket. After a weekend of prolonged rain and major flooding throughout our region, we are expecting at least a week of mild, dry conditions. Very much welcome at this point.

Latest threads

Top Bottom