How's weather at your place?

It never got colder than 13.7°C last night, not unprecedented but very unusual for North West England on New Year's Eve! I've just been outside in the garden with the dog, the sun is shining warmly and there is a pleasant southerly breeze. Weird.

Here in the Midwest, winter is always a guess. I think last year on this day it was warm enough for short sleeves, and this year, we’re going to get negative temps on either scale. We really do just have to wait a few days and it will often be something else.

Fog, misting, maybe partly cloudy this afternoon, rain tonight, snow tomorrow. Highs today in the 40's, windchills on Sunday in the single digits.

Who needs to wait a few days? A few hours is just fine.

We had an unusual storm pass through it was basically 2" , 6cm of ice pellets , the great thing was they didn't stick to the trees or power lines so no outages 😅. I weigh over 200 lbs and couldn't break thru the surface after the sun fused together the top layer.
P1180202.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's been mainly overcast and with very little wind for over 2 weeks now with average day-time temperatures of 4 C. Not particularly inviting to go out and do stuff.
But we did have the warmest January 1st in recorded history; 12 C.
Ha!

The planet doesn't know that it's 'January'.

'January' is a human concept and invention ...

Just a random philosophical and scientific observation ... ;) .

It's probably a gross error in our calender, hah!
The reason why it feels like spring in the heart of winter is because it actually IS spring 😁

To add a bit of variation to the gray gloom of depression we got a bit of rain today.

Back