How's weather at your place?

Looks like we're heading into another scorching weekend with expected temperatures of 35C on Sunday.
That might mess up my plans to photograph the the Classic Car Meet :(
Hey, Rick.

35°C is OK. Wear a hat, stay in the shade as much as possible, take a 1L water bottle. Have plenty to drink before you go. Water, not 'energy drinks'!

We get those sort of temperatures all the time (in summer).

Cheers John,
I live only a few hundred yards away from the park where the event is organized and there will be plenty of water/refreshments/shade available on site.
But I think I'll leave the Willys MB in the garage this time around and go on foot, that way I can spend more time walking around and snap some photos.

Thunderstorms predicted for Monday.

We finally got a break from the hot/humid/thunderstorm cycle we've been on for weeks. Today was positively balmy, with moderate warmth and a near-constant breeze. There was a clear hint of Autumn in the air during this morning's bike ride. It won't last, because we always have late spells of scorching temperatures, but for this weekend, I'll take it.

30 C rigt now, where (in which part of the world) do you live @Rose McGill ?
Just asking because of frost/low temperature at your place.
Keep warm.

I'm in Hastings on the east coast of NZ, only about twenty minutes from the coast, but we do get hard frost at times, and seem to have had a lot of them over this winter. Usually get a nice day afterwards, but not so today - dull overcast, but at least not too cold. It's an agricultural, horticultural, viticulturist area, and at certain times, certain crops are very vulnerable. At the moment fruit trees are beginning to bud and they're vulnerable, other times it's the grapes. Quite close to me is Gimblett Gravels, one of the premium growing areas ....

RAIN! wonderful rain! Started about 10 minutes ago and now fairly heavy drops - it smells really fresh out.

Edit: a very happy reptile

P1070782r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Sunny, blue skies, 29,9 Celsius, thirsty weather conditions, i will move to our backyard terrace this afternoon soon and have a cold drink.
Maybe even a short nap. Taking the newspaper with me toread all "bad news". Enjoy your day mates!

Back