How's weather at your place?

33f and light snow
1st snow w.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yesterday's awful 60km wind has died down completely and now we're cooking hot in 31 deg C
- ie typical Cape Town summer weather. South Easter for a few days followed by heat. Ugggh
I moved from SE Queensland to South Australia 50 years ago, partly because of the heat and humidity of the former.

Been living in Melbourne for the last 40 years. While we occasionally have extremely hot weather (47°C+) and high humidity, it's very rare to get both together. Couple of days each year as a rule.

Melbourne is famous in Australia for having "weather", when all the other capital cities have "climate". Here, we can have 4 seasons in a day, sometimes multiple iterations thereof.

Indeed, aka The Cape of Storms and all the shipwrecks lining our coast underline that
It's like Cape Otway.

There were many shipwrecks there.

There are a series of parallel reefs that run for about 22 miles, less than keel level at lots of points and tides.

It was called "Threading the needle". Ships coming roaring up from near the Antarctic Circle with the roaring forties behind them. Often in the middle of the night.

It is absolutely amazing that any of the ships made it!

It's snowing like crazy here with a breeze slanting it as I look through my windows. Temps are just below freezing but will move to +1 or +2 Celsius and rain tomorrow. Weather's predicted to hover between +2 and -2 C for the next 10 days with rain/snow all but 2 days. Ugh. I moved to Vancouver to escape the snow but hate the slush even more.

It's 35.8 °C outside ATM. 25.5 °C inside.

All 4 of the airconditioners are running. The solar panels are pumping out a bit over 7 kW. The pool is over 29 °C

Nett energy use is 0 kW ... Total of 3.57 kWh since midnight (it's now 1358H here).

The UV is too high to go in the pool, so will swim after dusk.

The usual, cold and rainy. That's the call from now until late April when the sun may return. I am hoping. It rarely freezes or snows. Small consolation with around 110" of rain. OTOH the summers can be beautiful.

Back