How's weather at your place?

We had a weather warning for yesterday evening, but it seems it was limited to strong winds and a deluge of rain, and a little lightning.
There wasn't much damage according to the insurance companies.

I had to go out and pick up a friend and his son. The car's wind shield wipers were coping on the second to highest setting.
I was more concerned with the well-being of a cyclist coming the other way in the middle of the heavy downpour.

Today we're at regular 25C-ish with some light showers.

We had a weather warning for yesterday evening, but it seems it was limited to strong winds and a deluge of rain, and a little lightning.
There wasn't much damage according to the insurance companies.

I had to go out and pick up a friend and his son. The car's wind shield wipers were coping on the second to highest setting.
I was more concerned with the well-being of a cyclist coming the other way in the middle of the heavy downpour.

Today we're at regular 25C-ish with some light showers.
Its hilarious that we get 'weather warnings' that finish with a comment 'normal for this time of year'. So why do we get the warning? I'd suggest just more 'CYA' in this litigious world we live in.

Its hilarious that we get 'weather warnings' that finish with a comment 'normal for this time of year'. So why do we get the warning? I'd suggest just more 'CYA' in this litigious world we live in.
I agree that it is mostly a case of CYA. That one time they won't bother issuing a warning people are going to get hurt or killed and all of us will be up in arms about it.

At this point around here we are starting to consider the warnings issued by the Meteorological Institute to be overly cautious.

90's earlier today. Massive thunder storms with heavy rain tonight. Cant go more than 2 days without rain itseems. Flood warnings everywhere.

It is currently 27C with a good wind. We had a big thunderstorm this afternoon that took us off the golf course for an hour. We were relatively fortunate with about 15mm of rain, other areas got much more. Humidex readings were around 40 mid afternoon with the same outlook for the next couple days.

Same here.

Screenshot_20240715-073728_Nova Launcher.jpg

Back