How's weather at your place?

I grew up in Georgia, where the "winter" means light coats and almost no snow*. So once the wife convinced me to move to Wisconsin (and then to MA for a job 7 years ago), we figured out that you have to either dig in and like the winters, or move away and stop complaining. So we started cross country skiing, among other things. I'm good for most of the winter... I brew stouts instead of IPAs, I make a roaring fire in the wood burning stove at night, we ski, we throw parties, and go sledding every chance we get. But once the temps creep up to 10C like last weekend, I can almost TASTE Spring and it's hard to go back to frozen mud in the backyard & snowy paths.

*this year being one hell of an exception, the poor bastards.

The seemingly constant rain of recent weeks seems to have moderated to frequent showers here in Cheshire/Staffs borderlands. Temps pretty mild over the last few days, up to 12C. Many plants are starting to burgeon (as my old English teacher used to say, a ten and six word) which makes the pessimist in me fear a cold snap. Off to Portugal for the weekend on Friday, I could do with some sun to get rid of the rust...

Another nice day here - we're being spoiled! I actually got the car out this morning for a run - the roof stayed firmly in the "up" position though I'm afraid. It was a lazy man's drive, the thing was covered in dust from all the recent work on the house so it was far easier to take it out for run and blow it off than to do it manually!

Just looked out of my office window - it's raining again now :(

You do know, BB that we Brits LOVE to chat about the weather right? It's our favourite topic of discussion, we're obsessed with it. :)

The seemingly constant rain of recent weeks seems to have moderated to frequent showers here in Cheshire/Staffs borderlands. Temps pretty mild over the last few days, up to 12C. Many plants are starting to burgeon (as my old English teacher used to say, a ten and six word) which makes the pessimist in me fear a cold snap. Off to Portugal for the weekend on Friday, I could do with some sun to get rid of the rust...

Would that be the Algarve area in Portugal ? I know it well and miss the Portimao area in particular, beautiful if you love the beach.

It's cold. AGAIN. It has been all winter. I'm not generally one to complain about the cold....you can always put on more layers, but I think i can count on one hand that number of days above freezing this winter. And if whomever is in charge of the global thermostat thinks they are going to make it up to me by making it really hot and humid this summer, I'm REALLY gonna be angry.

Looks like an early Spring after a mostly mild winter here in the southernmost Rockies -- at least in Albuquerque, to the west of the Sandias and Monzano mountains. The forsythia are blooming, as are some of the early flowering trees. It's all a bit too early, and the danger of a hard freeze is not over, but it's been mostly in the 60's and 70's Farenheit for a couple of weeks now. I'll enjoy it while I can, because I suspect it's a harbinger of a brutally hot, dry summer to come-- like last year, when we had very old, established trees dying from it.

For the present, though, it is lovely. A day at a time.

13129366335_7dd607ab58_c.jpg

Camera Roll-132 by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr

A little bit of juxtaposition to that gorgeous beach scene above.;)

Is that Kent Falls, BB? If so, I've been there. A wonderful place to be on a sunny, fall afternoon while driving a Triumph TR3 down Route 7 on one's way home from Lime Rock.

BTW, it was 65 degrees fahrenheit when I got out of my car in central New Jersey last night. It was 19 degrees fahrenheit when I got back into it this morning. Talk about your wild weather swings.

Yup, that is Kent Falls, Steve! I don't live too far from there...moved up here at the end of May and it's been quite a winter! I don't have a TR3 but I do have a MINI Cooper and love to drive around these parts - including to Lime Rock. Once we MINI folks got to do a lap on the race track there. Do you ever go to the Classic Car event? If so, keep me posted because this year I plan on attending.

Yes, we had close to 50 and then it was 6 degrees at 7:30am this morning.:drama:

Back