How's weather at your place?

It's raining here today, but it has been generally as much as 40 degrees warmer than normal. Supposed to be 80F on Friday. Two years ago yesterday we had a foot of snow on the ground and it was -15F. At this point, it's looking like we are going to be in for a long, very hot summer. Can't wait. :rolleyes:

Storm Doris (yes Doris) is upon us here today. Very windy all over the country (70mph plus in places), but the rain seems to have passed over Herefordshire already. Nice and bright and (very) breezy, currently 8deg C.

[EDIT] I was wrong, it's hissing down now and looks likely to do so for a few hours. Marvellous.

Last edited:
It's a bit blowy here on Doris Day but nothing out of the ordinary. A few tree branches down and some bins blown over, that sort of thing.

The peak is supposed to be about now (late morning) and then it tapers off. Worse up north I believe.

-R

It's a bit blowy here on Doris Day but nothing out of the ordinary. A few tree branches down and some bins blown over, that sort of thing.

The peak is supposed to be about now (late morning) and then it tapers off. Worse up north I believe.

-R
I can see a couple of trees blown over in the field across the street: here's one of them
IMGP8609.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't let the sun fool you. It is cold! 17F, sunny, and very windy to start the day. Since having Summer in February, our daytime temps this week are nearly 30 degrees below normal. Fuji X-T1 + Minolta MD 28/2.8.

DSCF7661.JPG

Weather has been unseasonably mild the past few days; cool, brisk nights and mornings (50F this morning), warm, comfortable days with blue skies filled with billowing clouds and nice breezes. That's changing today, as the temperature begins to steadily push upward, with a high UV index the next few days, and warm, unstable air moving just in time to bring T-storms for the weekend. Perfect.

DSCF8007.JPG

Last edited:
Just back from Spain (Seville, Cordoba, Granada) 10 days away and it hit over 40 degrees each day. 20-25 in UK....feels like winter brrrrrrrrr!

I'm currently experiencing the weirdest weather that I can remember.

I live in Porto, northern Portugal. The Atlantic influence is felt heavily, we don't have Mediterranean weather. Low 20s (C) and fog/cloudy in Summer is pretty usual.
It is mid October, the nights get a bit chilly, the houses are cool. The sun during the day is visibly lower and it is pretty cloudy.
So you have a mindset for Autumn, but you exit the door and get 35º C! :eek:
There are still very strong wild fires and everything is still very dry, despite the clouds.

Also, as I write, there is a Cat 3 hurricane running through this region, just some miles off our western shore. "Cat 3"? We don't even get hurricanes around here!

So WTF?!?

Back