How's weather at your place?

White out conditions right now. Wind gusts are bad. Then another blast of Arctic air behind it for the weekend. We *might* get up to 34F on Monday/Tuesday, which would be positively tropical.

7C, sunny, very windy though (gusts to 60mph in exposed places). I just watched bits of the roof come off the barn across the road - thankfully the corrugated sheets landed in a field and not on anything more valuable.

SiJ-2018-Day04-003_Luminar2018-edit-LREdit.jpg

Well, it's 2:30PM and it's -9°F outside with a nasty wind chill.
. . . David

Yep, I'm just South of you, and I finally finished blowing out the driveway. I can't feel my face or my toes. With the wind chill it's somewhere close to -2F. We're predicting -20 tomorrow, which puts us only about 6 degrees away from typical temperatures; on Mars. And the snowblower just gave out, I hauled it over to the shop, they gave me the look like "I'm a Mechanic, not a Surgeon." :cool:

Evening news confirmed my hike in the morning is going to begin somewhere around -2F. Supposed to be bitterly cold and sunny, which is one of my favorite times for a Winter hike. The trails where I'm going are not bikeable at all, so afoot it is.

Reasonably warm today, but the temperature will drop by at least 20° when the change comes through tonight, and tomorrow will be cool (21 °C) again. Today is a good day to research my next holiday; tomorrow will be a better day for outdoor activities.

BOM 6 Jan.JPG

Touching 40 degrees celcius in NSW Australia today (what's that 104 degrees fahrenheit?) and its not even 11am yet. It's even too hot for the flies who are quiet, preferring to hide in the shade. No way I'm going out to take a picture of that, I'm staying indoors right now.

It actually got up to 30F today, with a cold, sunny sky. I took my Forester to the car wash, where it seemed a lot of people had the same idea. I'm also not the only crazy one around here, as I saw another vehicle carrying a fat bike on the back while I was out. So there!

Saturday reached 46ºC here, and over 47ºC in western sydney (thats approx 115ºF and 117ºF), yesterday was about 40º, today is supposed to be 34º. We had a storm and heavy winds yesterday evening, and the temp dropped to 28 which was OK but not as pleasant as one might have hoped. Today is set to be 36, it will be higher than that.

Back