How's weather at your place?

What Andrew said. I'm about 3 hours south of him, and we've had the usual mixed bag of very warm (for January), cold, windy, sunny, murky, rainy . . . . sometimes in the same day, it seems. Supposed to be down in the single digits by Sunday.

Keck...you in the hills so you probably get it worse than we do here in Central Ohio as far as snow goes. Reminds me of the area I grew up in in PA.

Some much colder weather is now forecast for next week. Not quite a beast from the east, but cold easterlies and some snow.

The overnight temperatures forecast for this area (Thames Valley) are quite modest - just a couple of degrees below zero some nights, so nothing beastly yet.

The hottest I’ve ever experienced was 42 C in Seville, and I couldn’t cope for more than an hour in that. Can’t imagine what this prolonged excessive heat must be like for you.

I've experienced 50 C in Kuwait, and that was quite special. I was inside air-conditioned buildings most of the time, and only making occasional brief forays outside. I'm not used to that sort of heat and it felt quite dangerous.

-R

Snow.

l1000311-jpg.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

l1000340-jpg.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

More snow last night- but was just above freezing, so no problem getting out.
I am ready for Spring.

The hottest I’ve ever experienced was 42 C in Seville, and I couldn’t cope for more than an hour in that. Can’t imagine what this prolonged excessive heat must be like for you.

I don't know about the others, but I simply avoid going out in it. Basically, between 9am and 6pm, you just stay inside. Some head for the beach or the local pool, but its temporary relief at best. I leave my airconditioning running 24/7 to combat the heat being radiated from ceilings and walls (this house was built with no insulation, and though I have had it installed in the roof space, thats getting old and needs replacing anyway). The heat isn't so bad if its not humid, but when it is, even 25º is too much, IMO. Its been as dry as a dead dingo's .... well you get the idea.

Not looking forward to this quarter's electric bill. And all this crazy heat is why I just LOVE seeing all the snow shots from the northern hemisphere :) Today is better (28º right now) but tomorrow, its back to stupid hot.

Here's it's a crisp -30 celsius out there (-22 F), also as dry as a dead dingo's you-know-what.

As there's been some cold days before, the walls do radiate here as well. But they "radiate" cool as the walls have got cold. We do insulation because of the cold but it can keep the temperatures away for only so long.

It's going to be one of those weeks when I'd prefer to commute to work by foot (as long as the commute remains within ~1 mile or so).

I just love winters, unironically. :)

Cold, windy, just enough snow to create havoc on the roads, and about to get a whole lot colder tonight. I'd still go out for the eclipse, except we are at 100% obscuration. It seems like every time there is an interesting astronomical event, we are clouded over. :(

We've gotten everything in the last 12 hours thanks to Winter Storm Harper - Snow, sleet, freezing rain, now heavy rain and storm gusts if you're on the coast. I spent two hours clearing out rain sodden snow this morning off the cars, plowing a path to the driveway, backyard path and deck. It's still raining - estimated 2-3.5" (5-9 cm) in rain after the snow fell. Then before anything can even have a chance to dry off, the temps will plummet tonight into the single digits, with the wind chill it will be below zero. Solid sheets of ice if you didn't bother clearing it out today. I shook my head because all my neighbors waited until about noon, 1:00pm to start shoveling. At that point, it was two inches of snow sodden by at least 1.5 inches of rain - what I call "Heart Attack Waiting to Happen" quality.

32 degrees Fahrenheit as of 4pm ET in the New York metro area. Nasty wind chill, too - already below zero. Going down to 7 tonight with a high of 15 on Monday - all the while with the wind still whipping.

32 degrees Fahrenheit as of 4pm ET in the New York metro area. Nasty wind chill, too - already below zero. Going down to 7 tonight with a high of 15 on Monday - all the while with the wind still whipping.
Sounds pretty similar to us down here in the mid Appalachians. I'm planning to bundle up and go out waterfall hunting tomorrow morning.

Back