How's weather at your place?

NE Ohio(about 2 hours north of Andrew) late this afternoon....
2DB9BDF2-8B7E-4ADA-9F9B-80E1EFE17012.jpeg

4F degrees but with a windchill pushing it down to -25F. Everything froze. I had to get into my car from the hatchback and crawl forward, then use some shouldering against the passenger doors. Nasty.

The only reason I'm out in this weather is errands. And if I'm going to be out here, then I need to be properly equipped:

MISC-2019-0009-LREdit.jpg

Yesterday, thinking of how my Dad would have put it- "Colder than a Well-Digger's Ass in the Klondike". Today- "just freezing". Good day for a big dinner to heat the house up. I just put dinner into the oven.

I dunno exactly what the temperature was at Coogee Beach Sydney, but it felt like around 35 degrees when this shot was taken today at 1pm.

L1008375.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The volleyball court is empty. That is because the locals know full well it is too hot to play. See those people in the background? They're tourists, the only people on the beach at that time of day. I read a passage once about the tourists sunbathing at Coogee beach, ignorant of the pimple-like boils developing on their faces as the sun aggressively beats down on them. It's true. And over this Australia Day weekend, we're looking at plus 42 degree temperatures. That's how the weather is at my place.

The volleyball court is empty. That is because the locals know full well it is too hot to play. See those people in the background? They're tourists, the only people on the beach at that time of day. I read a passage once about the tourists sunbathing at Coogee beach, ignorant of the pimple-like boils developing on their faces as the sun aggressively beats down on them. It's true. And over this Australia Day weekend, we're looking at plus 42 degree temperatures. That's how the weather is at my place.

When I lived in Florida, one could always tell who the locals were on the sunny beach - those with hats and shirts on.

Back