How's weather at your place?

Where are you Mike?
Finland, 63rd parallel north.

We get 2-3 weeks of this sort of cold, per winter. This is nicer than the humid coastal winter if you ask me.

This is my humble hut

01-21-12-55-MP004805.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
It's bit chilly right now, around -22 F. Will be this cold the whole weekend, with possibly -31 F for Monday. Not much windy, thank goodness.
OK, I won't complain about our -1 F at the moment! :eek:

One thing I regret about this weather though is that this morning, while dropping Mrs. Kevin off to work, I didn't stop off at one of the local rivers to take a few shots of the steam that was coming off the water. I didn't realize till I was surfing the web this afternoon that so-called "sea fog" wasn't a common thing until I saw a bunch of articles about fog coming off the Chicago river. I just thought it was something that people were used to seeing in really cold weather.

it's just a few degrees above freezing here and we've had a couple days straight of freezing rain, sleet, snow and any sort of misery one can imagine when the temps fluctuate a few degrees at the freezing point. I'm hoping it's warm enough that most of the sidewalks are merely wet and not ice, because Ruby really a walk to blow off some energy.

It's unseasonably warm for February. Daytime temperatures have been in the mid-teens for the last week or so, with 18 C forecast for today. This is the sort of weather we normally get in May, not in February. It's all very pleasant, but I can't help feeling that it's just not right and that there will be a terrible price to be paid at some point.

Meanwhile, I have cut the grass and we have eaten outside for the first time this year.

-R

Apparently, the UK has just experienced its warmest February day on record, with the Met Office reporting a temperature of 20.3C (68.54F) at Trawsgoed, Ceredigion (I had to look that up - it's in Wales. About halfway up on the left hand side).

It's not right, I tell you ...

-R

Apparently, the UK has just experienced its warmest February day on record, with the Met Office reporting a temperature of 20.3C (68.54F) at Trawsgoed, Ceredigion (I had to look that up - it's in Wales. About halfway up on the left hand side).

It's not right, I tell you ...

-R
A mere 17C here today, but clear blue skies. Amazing stuff for the time of year.

I've just read that the UK has broken the record for its warmest winter day for the second day running, with a temperature of 21.2°C recorded in Kew Gardens in London.

21.2°C in February. That's just silly.

-R

Back