How's weather at your place?

Send some over here, Barrie :)
Sue, I wish I knew how. The ground here is saturated, and then some. Farmers have not been able to plant their winter cereals which will have a knock on effect next spring with higher grain prices, the soil has no cover crop on it and hence soil erosion is becoming a serious problem. Every time it rains soils runs off into water courses and onto the roads, here the lowest part of the village gets covered in mud, sometimes ankle deep, after any significant rainfall. The drains get blocked and then water builds up. I'm not sure if any properties have been flooded, gardens have and retaining walls demolished with the extra weight of saturated soil behind them. I recall last years Single in October when I only had to put up with one wet day during the month, this year it would have been close to one dry day and it really hasn't stopped since then!

Barrie

Warm and very windy. We're the last house on a dead-end street, and the wind is perfectly aligned with our driveway. We're getting all of our neighbors' leaves, as we stood in the driveway and watched leaves rolling all the way down the street into our yard. Just have to shrug and laugh.

DSCF0034.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks like summers in Sydney and the surrounds are going to be like this for the foreseeable future. Will shortly be escaping this weather for a month for a visit to London in a couple of weeks where it'll be cold and "jinglebellsy" in the run up to Christmas, sleeping under a duvet whilst it's cold outside, the direct opposite of this. Can't wait. The air quality in Sydney atm is akin to smoking 40 cigarettes a day, it's the first time I've seen white people wear those masks. I should too.

R0012299.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just dug out of four inches of wet heavy stuff. Two days of back to back snow with freezing rain. And I was bouncing in between meetings and snowblowing. Too tired to even take a photo right now. Maybe if everyone stops pinging me at work I can step out for a sunset shot. LOL.

Looks like summers in Sydney and the surrounds are going to be like this for the foreseeable future. Will shortly be escaping this weather for a month for a visit to London in a couple of weeks where it'll be cold and "jinglebellsy" in the run up to Christmas, sleeping under a duvet whilst it's cold outside, the direct opposite of this. Can't wait. The air quality in Sydney atm is akin to smoking 40 cigarettes a day, it's the first time I've seen white people wear those masks. I should too.

View attachment 209610

I broke out the mask yesterday, and from this morning’s smoky feel, will be wearing one again when I take Toby to the vet.

Back