How's weather at your place?

Sunny and cold this morning (26F), but expected to warm rapidly to almost 60F this afternoon.

P1011049D.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We've had some very nice Spring days recently, with balmy conditions and temperatures reaching all the way into the 70s (F), with a few chilly, gloomy days thrown in for variety. Today is expected to be a scorcher, with temps reaching the mid-80s and the UV index high, according to local forecasters. I'm going to get out early and get my Spring yard cleanup done. In the yearly race to see who can be the last to mow their lawn, I once again come in second - I never can seem to outlast the guy at the other end of the street. :D

For the last week or so the weather here has been really nice. How spring is supposed to be, in fact. This has had the unfortunate effect of tempting everyone to go outdoors, in contravention of current Government rules. Not so bad for those of us with gardens, but for anyone cooped up in an apartment with no outdoor space, the previous few days must have been maddening.

Fortunately, the weather has done the decent thing and it's now unpleasantly cold outside, something like 7C but feels like 4C due to a fresh breeze from the north east (ie Scandinavia).

So we're staying inside as instructed, and that's fine by me.

-R

47 degrees fahrenheit/8 degrees celcius and raining at my listening post on the New Jersey shore. It could be worse. We live in a two-bedroom, two-story townhouse In a private development. When the weather is nice, we can still do a few laps around the block. Some people are stuck in small apartments.

Yesterday was about 15C, lovely walking weather. The missus & I just ventured out for our walk and turned back after about a quarter of a mile. It’s fffffreezing today. Winds coming from somewhere round Svalbard, I reckon!

Very warm indeed today, but I wonder how it affected downtown. I live halfway between the state's two largest cities, and the capital city has a long, lovely riverfront with dual levels of sidewalks along the riverbank. In an apparent effort to keep people apart, the mayor ordered the main thoroughfare through downtown closed for the weekend, encouraging people to walk along the river on the pavement I wonder how that went? I haven't searched the news for an answer.

6C with a fresh wind from the north-east, feels like Siberia. We are staying indoors.

Today's government-approved exercise will consist of going downstairs to fetch things which are needed upstairs, and going upstairs to fetch things which are needed downstairs. It doesn't sound much, but over the course of a typical week in our house I believe this is the equivalent of climbing Kilimanjaro.

-R

Weather here has been nothing short of amazing. Cool and rainy periods bracketed by breezy, balmy days with plenty of sun and clouds. Perfect weather for biking and walks. My wife and I took our dog for a long country drive Sunday afternoon, followed by ice cream and a walk along the river.

We have had some gorgeous days and today is looking to be another one. As you may have seen in a couple of posts, we have been enjoying our backyard and swimming pool.

This is part of the reason why comments such as “when the weather gets warm the virus will die” baffle me. It has not been cold a single day here in Puerto Rico during this entire pandemic, yet the virus continues on.

Wisconsinites seem to believe that this sunny warm day near the end of April means no more snow this year. The sound of a dozen roaring snowblowers being run dry of gasoline fills the air. I had to close the windows. I prefer quietude recycled air to fresh air and noise.

Back