How's weather at your place?

Hot and humid down here in my backwater corner of the country. Finished 13.4 miles (21.4 km) on my bike by 0830 this morning, and I was drenched. At least the evenings have been cooling down enough where one can take a walk and not be soaked again by the time you get back to the house.

We are in the midst of our “nasty” summer phase. Low to mid 90’s for weeks and high humidity. The kind where you get wet just standing outside.

Humidity gonna be this was probably until late august and early September. The heat usually is only for the first couple of weeks in July before it takes itself backdown into the 80’s as the norm.

the scientists are saying that the high heat is unfavorable for the corona virus, so I’m ok with the heat wave if that is true. Eradicate that scum a virus!! Lol

Hot and windy, and the wind is not a cooling wind at all. It feels like standing in front of a blow dryer. You folks in the southwestern US have it worse, but it was near 100F here yesterday. I've been getting out right at daybreak for my morning bike rides, and I'm still drenched by the time I return to my car.

Until very recently, we have had a very hot, humid summer with little rain. Lots of rain the past few days though, which has been a nice respite. I sleep very well with the sound of distant thunder and rain hitting our metal roof.

Sunny and high of 25C today with 81% humidity. It was hotter yesterday. I know these temperatures are considered mild when compared to the brutal heat many of you are suffering through, but it's tough in an area where most homes and vehicles don't have air conditioning and rarely need it.

A bit of respite after some very hot and humid days today: Constant rain for hours - not to everyone's taste, of course, but I felt very relieved and *will* sleep well tonight. I also went out in search of images - today's weather-sealed gear can take a shower as well as most people ...

DSC_1093.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Our weather has moderated considerably. Very mild, balmy conditions the past couple of days. I did a 21 mile bike ride this morning, and was back at my car by 11. Incredibly comfortable conditions on the trail, and I was surprised I didn't see a single other person out there.

Man, I love retirement!! :D

Heat wave, day 1 (continuing the trend after a serious break, three cooler and two very wet days). Several more to come. Not really my cup of tea ... too hot. Most people love it, though. I'm a bit on the fence as to whether this is a good thing in the current situation ... Let's hope for the best.

M.

Last edited:
We are still in our reprieve period after an extended oppressive heat wave. Nights have been cool, days warm and breezy. Warm enough to perspire after extended physical activity outside, but mild enough that one can sit in the swing on the deck and enjoy an afternoon respite without needing a shower afterward. This is expected to end Sunday, when the temp takes a sharp upward trend.

Back