How's weather at your place?

The past two days have been delightful, with cool, Autumn-like nights and balmy, sunny days. I barely broke a sweat during the course of a 12.5 mile (20 km) ride yesterday. Summer returns with a vengeance today . . . just in time, as our lawn needs mowing. :(

We're in a 'hot streak' at the moment - high of 28C (82F) and a little smoke haze from the US West coast wildfires. Nothing like what San Francisco and LA are experiencing in smoke and heat but it brings back memories of the BC fire season of the last few years.

We're in the middle of a long string of delightful weather. Cool nights and sunny, comfortably warm days, with golden sunlight streaming through the late turning leaves. So pretty it hurts to look out the window, because I know I can't be on my feet for long. The weather the past two weeks has been perfect for the outdoor outings I love to do in late Autumn before hunting season arrives, but it will probably be another 6 weeks before getting back on a bicycle. I had cabin fever badly a few days ago, and took our dog on a long walk around our neighborhood, hobbling carefully to put as little weight on the broken foot as possible. I paid for it that evening with an ice pack wrapped around a sore foot. At least I got a few good images from that walk.

Cold. 15F, with a wind chill of 4. It was 60F two days before Christmas. I restocked our feeders Christmas Eve morning when the rains began, figuring that as the temperature dropped, we'd be getting a lot of business.

DSCF3658.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF3660.JPG

DSCF3657.JPG

Just above freezing today with a pleasant if weak wintry sun. There is still some snow on the ground from the fall of two days ago, but most has melted. The forecast is for more of the same for the next few days.

01-02-2021_cincizoo_XT030302.jpg

Typical, seasonal gloom here. Went to the Cincinnati Zoo recently and they still ahd their Christmas light display up. But this image basically shows what it looks like here most of the time - this was taken at 3pm.

It is usually like this until March....but sprint here brings days/weeks of rain. Last year, March brought us 27 days of rain. Not a place to be if you have seasonal affective disorder!

Yesterday morning: cold, heavy rain.
Yesterday afternoon: cold, sunny skies with puffy clouds.
Yesterday evening: back to cold rain.
I woke about 3 AM to heavy fog and frost (see my Day 16 pic).
I fell back asleep and woke a few hours later to snow.
All in the space of about 20 hours.
Welcome again to January in the Appalachian foothills.

DSCF0531.JPG

Back