How's weather at your place?

Cold, clear and sunny here too. I far prefer cold and sunny to warm and wet, so we're off for a healthy walk this afternoon, as per current government rules. I may even take my camera.

Meanwhile, the wellies are warming in the hall ...

-R

Got in my bike ride this morning. Still cold and sunny.

DSCF3730.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cold and wet. Expecting as much as 2 inches (5+ cm) of rain over 24 hours. Supposed to be cold and gloomy all week, dropping as low as 18F (-8C). Some sun later in the week. I don't enjoy riding my bike so much when it is gloomy, but if it's sunny and cold, that's fair game. I've gone out on my bike as low as 0F (-18C).

It's slightly odd reading about heatwave conditions when there's snow on the ground outside. Less of it today, but it was quite treacherous yesterday - my partner slipped and fell over on the ice and she wasn't the only one.

-R

A quick several inches of snow last night, with a coating of ice for good measure. Not supposed to reach freezing today, and drop to 17F (-8C) tonight. If my wife doesn't need to use my car tomorrow, I'm going to load up my bicycle and go explore around a small stream not far from here.

More ludicrous amounts of rainfall overnight (well only 11mm, but on saturated ground that’s 11mm too much). Then it’s been very mild today, up to 12C. Snow is forecast for the weekend - it’s been a topsy-turvy kind of month.

We're getting quite a variation here too.

Sunday: snowing, 1C or so
Monday: cold and bright, 5C or so, ice on the ground
Tuesday: grey and grotty
Wednesday: mist, heavy rain late evening
Thursday: unusually warm, 13C or so, neighbour's garden flooded

-R

This graph isn't a good sign for us. I believe the upper black line is from 2014, when this house was surrounded by water and we hosted the fire brigade and their pump for about ten days. There's less water in our garden than there was at this point in 2014, but I would like to see that blue trace going in the other direction.

-R

Screenshot_2021-01-31 River level information for River Thames at Marlow Lock (downstream) - G...png

Back