How's weather at your place?

We are back to being sunny, though noticeably cooler at night. The low Autumn sun really creates a glow when it passes through the foliage. Though we are well past peak, we still have a wide variety of late changing foliage that display red, orange, yellow, pink, and gold. Some views I saw while out driving yesterday were stunning.

It was cloudy and chilly to start this morning, but the sun broke through about 0830, and by 0900 I was pulling off my sweatshirt to go short sleeve. It soared quickly into the mid 70s F, and is rather breezy. The irony was not lost on me that the 100 foot tall Sweetgum tree whose shadow you see at the top of this pic was laughing at me as I hauled leaves down over the hillside. Tonight's weather drops to cold, wet, windy crud.

raking.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, the weather people were wrong again. No nasty weather last night; in fact, it was quite mild, and still is very nice this morning. Chance of rain right now is 1%, increasing to 95% by noon. We'll see.

Sunny but cold, in the low 20s F. November has always been a slow month for me as far as biking goes. I've done plenty of cold weater rides, but after the frenzy of trying to get in as many rides as I can in October when the weather is nice nice and the foliage at its best, I tend to stick with the indoor trainer for the last few weeks of November . . . I also have a lot (more) leaves to clean up. I'll be back out on the bike first week of December.

Winter has arrived, with a couple of frosty nights, and now a fierce storm with 60mph winds, sleet, snow, possibly locusts, heading south from the Arctic. It's been named "Storm Arwen" which briefly gave me hope that this year would see Tolkien-inspired names. Storm Isildur has a certain ring to it.

Rain came back with a vengeance. Many rivers are in flood, and the rain just doesnt want to stop. Seems to me that the monsoon usually experienced in the tropics, has moved south.
That's pretty normal for northern NSW and SE Qld, Sue. We've just had a 'dry' spell for the last 20-30 years.

Same with bushfires. I remember in the mid 1970s driving from Broken Hill to the Newell Highway without seeing anything but burned out bush. What's that? About 400-500 kilometres?

Cold and windy here as well the past couple of days. The trees with the remaining leaves have been laughing at me as they cover my recently cleaned yard with yet another carpet of leaves. At least the wind has stopped this morning.

High Auckland humidity (95%+) for the last 3 days and it's like this inside the house with the windows wide open. The drier can bring it down below 70% though.
View attachment 281010
I just loathe high humidity! It's one reason I moved from SE Queensland to southern Australia at around 25 y.o. It's probably less damp in our pool than in your living room! My sympathy ...

Back