How's weather at your place?

Bad night in this area last night. An outbreak of tornados (we were ont he north end of the big outbreak yesterday in the midwest) reported and touchdowns. Locally (well 30 miles from me) an old theater in Belvidere, IL had its roof collapsed during a concert killing 1 so far and injuring 28 others. No word if it was an actual tornado that hit it. Around my city there were tornados reported by radar just north and west of my place. Dog was not hapy spending 30 min downstairs until the warning was lifted.

What happened in Belvidere last night brought up bad memories of a 1967 F4 tornado that hit the high school there right as kids were let out to go home killing 24 people of which 13 were kids. My mom was there for some reason that day.

I got lucky that winter storm just missed me, but we are likely to get hit next week.

Read about the tornados and weather further south and east. We get them occasionally around here but not this time of year. Sad all around, I think I will take the snow over death and destruction.

Power was back on around 830am, and the date at 11am lasted 3 hours and a couple coffees. So all is well?
I was trying to imagine how you could use the power outage to your romantic advantage. Maybe you'd "have to" cozy up by the fire on the bearskin rug to keep warm, and one thing leads another...

But coffee's nice, too. :giggle:

- K

Severe storms from Friday through yesterday, highs near 60. Our weather alert radio went off 5 times from Friday evening through Saturday afternoon. Neighboring town to the south had a small (EF-0) tornado hit their downtown yesterday morning. Storms and clouds cleared out overnight, temps dropped down to the upper 20's. Sunny today with highs in the mid-upper 40's. 70 this coming Wednesday.

Ahhh! Spring in Michigan!

Drove to get groceries about 5 hours ago and it was rainy and cold but OK. Came out of the grocery store underground parking and it was hailing. Small hail but still not nice. It also pulled the temperature down to just above freezing. Now the Sun's out. :coco:

Central Valley Ca. Real spring like, sunny, temps 60-70℉. Forecast more of the same.. Regards ScleralGuy
DO01010614.jpeg

Back