How's weather at your place?

Yesterday was seriously warm - 30C here in Crewe and nearly 35C in London, with stifling humidity too. Today is much nicer - 23C, about 50% cloud cover. The bugs are starting to get on my nerves though, that's one good thing about winter....

Ootmarsum - Netherlands:
It's really hot, 38 Celsius, blue skies, no wind.
Also no airco, pfff.
Must I go for a cold beer?

Yes, Herman... you must go for a cold beer! July was the most miserable summer month in my neighborhood in many years. Temperatures were in the 32-36 celsius range every day for two-to-three weeks. All with high humidity each day.

It's a very pleasant day here today - about 24C with blue skies and a warm southerly breeze.

I'm looking forward to a large gin and tonic with plenty of ice in about one hour and 27 minutes.

-R

18 degrees Celsius. That's the coldest day in two weeks and it's the middle of winter. Just finished the warmest July since records began.

Gordon

We still got mild weather in The Netherlands.
Temperatures max. tomorrow up to 14C, wow that's high.
Seems that spring comes.
Being a summer lover/fan I'm longing for hot weather.
How about you?

Best regards, Herman

A little less precipitation would float my boat. Na , that don't sound right !.
A little less rain would make me happy. And a little less wind.
It was dry enough earlier to gently scrub the new tyres in on my Ducati. That made me smile :)

I am also beginning to think I should have kept a weather proof camera !

It's been a very mild winter here in Edinburgh, just like last year. Last year I sold my snowshoes and mountaineering skis, as there was so little chance of using them. Just now it's 7c - warmer than it should be.

Oddly, it got up to 17 C (assuming my conversion is correct) this last week as well. I even got the Harley out a few times. This week, back to -7 to 7 C and scattered snow showers.

A little less precipitation would float my boat. Na , that don't sound right !.
A little less rain would make me happy. And a little less wind.
It was dry enough earlier to gently scrub the new tyres in on my Ducati. That made me smile :)

I am also beginning to think I should have kept a weather proof camera !

Well, living just an hour or so south of you Garry it's been surprisingly nice here today - very mild and dry (for once). Got out walking the poochess this morning and she didn't get too muddy this time. I was actually tempted to get the car out, drop the roof and go for a drive in the countryside (bike's not on the road yet) but i had 9 wardrobe doors to hang. We'll probably pay for our nice day tomorrow - and for the rest of the week :)

What tyres did yer get?

We had a relatively mild few days which melted most of the snow but more cold weather and snow on the way this week :(
I don't like extremes whether they be hot or cold so I'm out of luck.

This. New England got up to 10C for a few days this weekend, enough to melt a lot of the snow off and clear up some of the paths we bike on, but now it's going to be below freezing for awhile and tomorrow calls for another inch of the fluffy stuff. Predictably, I have February Syndrome.

Since I'm just a tad south of the Berkshires (mountains), I have to report very similar weather as Kyle and Robert. Two days of it being in the high 40s F, gave me a feeling of hope - along with ice and even mud. Back to very cold weather - below zero at night. "February Syndrome" - never heard of that before, Kyle. I think I've had that since just after Christmas.

That said, the goldfinches are enjoying themselves as are the other birds at our feeders.:flowers_2:

Herman, my thanks as always for starting a conversation here on SC! Let's keep those reports coming in! I'll try not to be too envious of you all who are having such good weather.;)

Back