How's weather @ your place?

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
It was 63 F here yesterday. Dropping rapidly tonight with a chance of freezing rain and a "wintry mix" tomorrow.
I have to stand corrected. The weather went from nice and balmy to sheets of non-stop rain. Temp is supposed to drop steadily back to Winter norms by evening, then a slight rebound into the 40s (F) for the weekend. Typical unsettled mess for this time of year.

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Our weather has been all over the place. We went from Winter, with several very late cold snaps, even in early May, to hot and humid, with almost no transition. Suddenly this week we're seeing Spring, with cool evenings, nights, and mornings, and days that are balmy and comfortable. I walked outside near noon yesterday to a sunny, brisk morning and a wind that had me wishing I had a light jacket with me. Yesterday afternoon and evening were absolutely delightful, as you'll see by some of the images I'm posting in other threads.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

May 31, 2017
Central Florida
Timothy Williams
The long summer grind is on. No breeze, unless it's a hot breeze. Thank God for afternoon Thunderstorms in which there is always plenty of fireworks lol. I will now long for the first fall day the morning is in the 60's.

Richard

Top Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Marlow, UK
We're in the middle of a long spell of hot and dry weather here. 28 C today and it's been warmer than that recently. No rain for several days and none forecast, so the garden is suffering. More importantly, there's talk of beer (lager) being rationed due to low stocks of carbon dioxide - I don't remember that happening before.

-R

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Very unsettled. We've had a few days of mild, balmy weather, but many more of hot, humid days leading to strong afternoon T-storms, prolonged deluges, and local flash floods. The really hot weather arrives today, with temps reaching the mid to high 90s (near 38C) by the weekend. I'm headed to our central mountains for this weekend's bike ride, where the higher latitude and elevation will moderate the temps somewhat.

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
Martin Connolly
We're in the middle of a long spell of hot and dry weather here. 28 C today and it's been warmer than that recently. No rain for several days and none forecast, so the garden is suffering. More importantly, there's talk of beer (lager) being rationed due to low stocks of carbon dioxide - I don't remember that happening before.

-R
It's a stunning spell of weather if you don't mind standing in the garden with a hosepipe running for an hour every evening! Apparently today it's 30 C in central Scotland and the west of Ireland - remarkable.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom