How's weather @ your place?

Richard

Top Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Marlow, UK
I think we're underneath the same high-pressure system, and it's not going to move away until the jet stream moves further south (or something like that).

The grass here is getting properly parched too - I give it a quick squirt with the hosepipe every evening, but what it needs is a good soaking.

-R

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
A bona fide heat wave is setting in this weekend at the Jersey Shore. To the weather professionals, a heat wave is at least three days of temperatures at or above 90 degrees faherenheit (32 degrees celsius).

After that, we'll be at 89 degrees for most of the following week, which feels like the same thing. Humidity will be high - making it a perfect time for my HVAC system to act up. It has a coolant leak but I think it'll make it until July 5th, when it will be replaced.

BTW, the cost of this project will neutralize any GAS I might experience for the rest of the year. :biggrin:

Luke

Super Moderator
Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
Luke
the heat and humidity take your breath away when you step out into it. The hourlong dog walk has been replaced by a 25 minute walk....and we've moved it from 9 a.m to 7 a.m. Still sweat through all my clothes....obviously it would help if I could lose 25 lbs, but that isn't happening overnight.

The dog still seems to enjoy the walk, despite wearing a luxurious fur coat.

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
the heat and humidity take your breath away when you step out into it. The hourlong dog walk has been replaced by a 25 minute walk....and we've moved it from 9 a.m to 7 a.m. Still sweat through all my clothes....obviously it would help if I could lose 25 lbs, but that isn't happening overnight.
Yup. I lived in Central Florida for 10 years so I'm not ultra sensitive to heat and humidity. But I find I like it less and less as I get older. Moreover, summers are much more like Florida even in the Northeast these days.

BTW, most Floridians (residents as opposed to tourists) regard summer the way many northerners regard winter: It's simply the "stay indoors" season. You go from your air condiitoned house to your air conditioned car to your air conditioned job to the air conditioned store and back to your air conditioned home.

When you go to the beach in Florida, you can easily identify those who actually live in Florida. They're the ones wearing shirts and hats. Brutal sun.

Hageneth

Veteran
Jan 8, 2017
Suffolk.UK
Ian
We have now gone more than 30 days without any rain and the grass is a bit parched - like in this field today.

My lawn is dry but not that bad.

Richard

Top Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Marlow, UK
It's unseasonably warm for February. Daytime temperatures have been in the mid-teens for the last week or so, with 18 C forecast for today. This is the sort of weather we normally get in May, not in February. It's all very pleasant, but I can't help feeling that it's just not right and that there will be a terrible price to be paid at some point.

Meanwhile, I have cut the grass and we have eaten outside for the first time this year.

-R

sesser

Regular
Nov 3, 2015
randy
Meanwhile, in north western US... 2nd or 3rd coldest Feb on record here in Portland.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Richard

Top Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Marlow, UK
Apparently, the UK has just experienced its warmest February day on record, with the Met Office reporting a temperature of 20.3C (68.54F) at Trawsgoed, Ceredigion (I had to look that up - it's in Wales. About halfway up on the left hand side).

It's not right, I tell you ...

-R

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom