How's weather at your place?

After several days of nearly non-stop rain, we are having a beautiful, moderately warm day. Here's the tree above again.

P4270106.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Our weather has been all over the place. We went from Winter, with several very late cold snaps, even in early May, to hot and humid, with almost no transition. Suddenly this week we're seeing Spring, with cool evenings, nights, and mornings, and days that are balmy and comfortable. I walked outside near noon yesterday to a sunny, brisk morning and a wind that had me wishing I had a light jacket with me. Yesterday afternoon and evening were absolutely delightful, as you'll see by some of the images I'm posting in other threads.

P1000242a.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The long summer grind is on. No breeze, unless it's a hot breeze. Thank God for afternoon Thunderstorms in which there is always plenty of fireworks lol. I will now long for the first fall day the morning is in the 60's.

We're in the middle of a long spell of hot and dry weather here. 28 C today and it's been warmer than that recently. No rain for several days and none forecast, so the garden is suffering. More importantly, there's talk of beer (lager) being rationed due to low stocks of carbon dioxide - I don't remember that happening before.

-R

Very unsettled. We've had a few days of mild, balmy weather, but many more of hot, humid days leading to strong afternoon T-storms, prolonged deluges, and local flash floods. The really hot weather arrives today, with temps reaching the mid to high 90s (near 38C) by the weekend. I'm headed to our central mountains for this weekend's bike ride, where the higher latitude and elevation will moderate the temps somewhat.

We're in the middle of a long spell of hot and dry weather here. 28 C today and it's been warmer than that recently. No rain for several days and none forecast, so the garden is suffering. More importantly, there's talk of beer (lager) being rationed due to low stocks of carbon dioxide - I don't remember that happening before.

-R
It's a stunning spell of weather if you don't mind standing in the garden with a hosepipe running for an hour every evening! Apparently today it's 30 C in central Scotland and the west of Ireland - remarkable.

She does it for me, oh to be 40 years younger!
Love the red.
I’m off to Amsterdam on Saturday so I’ll just leave my phone number for her. :flypig:

I think we're underneath the same high-pressure system, and it's not going to move away until the jet stream moves further south (or something like that).

The grass here is getting properly parched too - I give it a quick squirt with the hosepipe every evening, but what it needs is a good soaking.

-R

A bona fide heat wave is setting in this weekend at the Jersey Shore. To the weather professionals, a heat wave is at least three days of temperatures at or above 90 degrees faherenheit (32 degrees celsius).

After that, we'll be at 89 degrees for most of the following week, which feels like the same thing. Humidity will be high - making it a perfect time for my HVAC system to act up. It has a coolant leak but I think it'll make it until July 5th, when it will be replaced.

BTW, the cost of this project will neutralize any GAS I might experience for the rest of the year. :D

the heat and humidity take your breath away when you step out into it. The hourlong dog walk has been replaced by a 25 minute walk....and we've moved it from 9 a.m to 7 a.m. Still sweat through all my clothes....obviously it would help if I could lose 25 lbs, but that isn't happening overnight.

The dog still seems to enjoy the walk, despite wearing a luxurious fur coat.

Back