How's Your Color Vision

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
While browsing the X-Rite website I came across a link to a do it yourself test to help you assess you colour vision. If you're interested in trying it you'll find it on the X-Rite website. I did it twice and scored 7 and 12 - my weak points occurring in the same areas of the spectrum each time.

I did this test a while back as well Sue, scored 7 then and scored 7 again now. Not too bad for a 63 year old wrinkly I suppose. I used to work for British Telecom years ago and obviously because the work involved lots of colour coded wires I had to undergo a colour blindness test at the job interview. I served my time as an electrical engineer so had known for a while that I had problems with differentiating greys / greens, so on interview day for BT I "winged " it. Whenever I got grey green wires I had to mark one, then cut a bit off both and take them outside into daylight, even then i struggled sometimes and would have to ask a passer-by to tell me which was which. I'd have made a great bomb disposal fella! :)

It'll be interesting to see what others here score and the age range

Did it once, scored a 4. Couple of mixups in the acquamarine - I suspect I could do better if I wasn't doing this on my Mac Air screen in semi-direct sunlight ;)

Score: 0​

About your score: A lower score is better, with ZERO being a perfect score. The circle graph displays the regions of the color spectrum where your hue discrimination is low.

Not bad with a cheap uncalibrated TV-used-as-a-computer-monitor.

My Results​

Score: 0​

• Gender Male
  • Select Age Range 60 - 69
  • Best Score for your Gender 0
  • Worst Score for your Gender 1700045439
About your score: A lower score is better, with ZERO being a perfect score. The circle graph displays the regions of the color spectrum where your hue discrimination is low.

Not bad.

Screenshot_20220327-073827_Chrome.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Scored a 12. Expected to do worse.

I've been aware of abnormalities in my color perception since I was a teen. I believe my affliction is deuteranopia, although I've never bothered to get an official diagnosis.

It makes this a difficult/frustrating hobby at times.

- K

Oh, I already know my red green is bad. I wasn't able to go to Army flight school because of it. This test is just so much "what???" on my monitor. I could probably get my best score by simply hitting the score button without moving anything :dash2:

And, yeah, that is one of the reasons I prefer black and white; shades of grey work just fine with my eyes :cool:

edit: ok, tried it, got 20

Back