Fuji Hyper Sync possible?

iFranky

Rookie
Hi,

I am relatively new at Fujifilm, coming from CANON DSLR (1D X). I am asking myself what solution Fuji has regarding to flash hyper sync? Does it work? What flash can you recommend? Pocket Wizard seems not to support it.

Cheers,

iFranky

I'd never even heard of hypersync - just googled it. It appears to be specific to Pocket Wizard. I suspect it is not viewed by Fuji as a core requirement/capability - they have not so far majored upon sophisticated flash functions.

Hyper sync is a Pocket Wizard trademarked term.
If you are asking about ability to exceed sync speed without or with minimum shutter shadow that has to do with flash duration and ability of camera to deliver an FP sync signal to fire the flash. I doubt that there is any trigger available that will interpret the FP sync signal from an X system camera. The X100s has a leaf shutter which is an different situation.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no high speed sync capability for Fuji at this time.

The X100/X100S is a leaf shutter camera as dmward mentioned, and therefore can sync at nearly any shutter speed - but that's a mechanical solution rather than a lighting one.

HyperSync is Pocket Wizard specific and I've never heard of anyone getting it configured to work with Fuji X series cameras. The links you posted above are all about using PW triggers with the Fuji cameras in basic manual mode to fire the flash, without HyperSync.

High Speed Sync (HSS) and Auto FP solutions for Canon, Nikon, and Micro Four Thirds are all proprietary and not compatible with the Fuji system, so triggers and flashes geared for those systems don't work with Fuji X series cameras. Fuji would need to produce both a camera and flash unit that support high speed sync for that to happen.

Well that is really disappointing when coming from Canon and their 600 EX RT + ST3 RT But this seems to be part of the package when you buy non-CaNikon!

Fuji HAS to do something regarding to flash / TTL lighting SOON to get new clients. its not enough just to build great cameras and lenses. it is the whole system which has to be "round". sorry for my english. As you remember, I come from Germany. But hopefully you understand what I try to express.

Nevertheless can you recommend speedlights for X-T1 ? I am totally new at the Fujifilm system and have no clue...

Regards,

Frank

Yes, I along with several others here on the forum have been saying we're really hoping to see some serious flash system improvements sometime in the near future.

My current recommendation on speedlights is the Godox Ving V850 (also sold under many other names)

http://flashhavoc.com/godox-v850-ving-review/

No TTL, but it does support remote power control in manual mode using the FT-16S radio triggers from Godox, so it's well suited for off camera flash especially. It uses a Lithium battery instead of AA batteries which I was initially resistant to, but it gives faster recycle times and much longer battery life. About the same power output as a Canon 600EX-RT as well.

I've been reading up on this and it appears as though the Yongnuo 622 tx will allow for hyper/super sync due to the ability of adjusting the timing. The same goes for an Odin trigger but I don't recall the model. I also just read that the Godox xt32 trigger has an adjustment as well.

The main article I saw was on flash havoc from 3 years ago concerning the Yongnuo trigger. I actually use their 603's for my Bowens strobes and slip the Godox FT16 on top of its hot shoe in true Frankenstein fashion.

I've yet to try the triggers that have the timing adjustment but am close to getting something.

Back