Feedback I absolutely HATE the photo upload method

Someone is going to help me here I can just feel it.

If I dont want to post a shot to flickr, but I want to post here, I have to upload somewhere on the site. Usually, thats in the thread. I have NO idea how to insert an image in a post without it also showing that blasted thumbnail. Must I create an album and upload to a gallery first? I don't want to have to do that.

Its why I am not posting much.

[edit] Just created an album. Tried to upload 3 files. No go, they just disappear into the ether. Its getting tiresome. Looks like its flickr, thumbnails, or nothing. geez.

Last edited:
Someone is going to help me here I can just feel it.

If I dont want to post a shot to flickr, but I want to post here, I have to upload somewhere on the site. Usually, thats in the thread. I have NO idea how to insert an image in a post without it also showing that blasted thumbnail. Must I create an album and upload to a gallery first? I don't want to have to do that.

Its why I am not posting much.

[edit] Just created an album. Tried to upload 3 files. No go, they just disappear into the ether. Its getting tiresome. Looks like its flickr, thumbnails, or nothing. geez.

I agree, I don't post shots here either.. such a hassle.. Now if I had a degree from MIT it would be a no brainer.. LOL.. but I love the forum.. :) and yes I have read Amins post about how to upload a photo, but he doesn't relate to simple minds.. he gives you so many complicated options that he thinks are simple.. it's not worth the hassle of trying to figure it out..

Last edited:
Doug, which bit do you find complicated? I am a luddite but I have found a way that works for me (and doesn't involve the odious Flickr). Can you spell it out? I think the sharing of images is key to getting the most out of this - or any photo - site.

Let's try something on this iPad Junior:

OK - I clicked upload photo, choose file, close (wait for it until the little insert box appeared), click insert on that box - there we go

image.jpg

I've also tried uploading in different ways but got confused by the resulting thumbnail so ended up sticking with a Flickr link.

I suspect that I'm not going to embrace XenForo as it's not winning me over yet.
I only discovered two days ago how you can like a thread !!
I'd been clicking on the wrong thing and wondering why the Like counter wasn't rising.

No, the thumbnail disappeared when i told the script to stick the pic in the post. I seriously hate this photo upload script. It's *the* most clumsy and irritating way of getting a photo posted without using flickr or another alternative. I get no progress bar or indication of upload. I can't see a preview of the shot in the post beforehand if I try to view it.

Let me see how this works - I usually post via flickr.
There's this button [Upload a photo] ... click ... I select an image from the file browser that pops up ... then there's this little window with the thumbnail and a button [Click Here to Insert Image into Post] ... click ... a percentage bar shows up, moves up to 100% and voila - there's the image (already posted somewhere else) - pretty straightforward.
(I'm on Win 7 with the latest Firefox, running all sorts of blockers)

XPRO9360-LR-c-mad-T1-sm75.jpg

Last edited:
There's this button [Upload a photo] ... click ... I select an image from the file browser that pops up ... then there's this little window with the thumbnail and a button [Click Here to Insert Image into Post] ... click ... a percentage bar shows up, moves up to 100% and voila - there's the image

For you perhaps. Not for me. I get nothing after choose the file until I actually post the thread. I'm using Safari on a Mac. I tried with Firefox yesterday, same thing.

Back