Film I am casually intrigued by this liquid filled lens panoramic lomo camera.

This would solve the issue I have, carrying a water bottle in one hand doesn't leave enough hands free for most cameras. With this I could drink straight from the lens.

I've found the perfect christmas present for you*:

20201022_213625.jpg

*by 'present', I mean you can have this photo that I stole off the internet, not the actual cup itself.

You guys are the worst.

I make a post in good faith about a mildly interesting camera, and within 24 hours you've got me participating with your cheap jokes and got me making fun of my own post. The whole thread has gone down a tangent and we're legitimately talking about lens coffee mugs that you guys actually own. And now I want one. You guys are really the worst, I tell you. The worst.

You guys are the worst.

I make a post in good faith about a mildly interesting camera, and within 24 hours you've got me participating with your cheap jokes and got me making fun of my own post. The whole thread has gone down a tangent and we're legitimately talking about lens coffee mugs that you guys actually own. And now I want one. You guys are really the worst, I tell you. The worst.
It's a nice cup. Good size and all metal on the inside. AF is a bit slow.

I have a serious question - does a 16mm fisheye lens produce an image that is wider than a 16mm non-fisheye lens?

"DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE NIKON 14MM AND NIKON 16MM FISHEYE

The 14mm f/2.8 is the widest full frame fixed rectilinear lens available from Nikon, while the 16mm fisheye is wider but gives you a distorted 180 degree field of view."

Not a direct answer, but I assume since the 16 fisheye gives you a wider filed of view than the rectilinear 14, the answer to your question is yes.

"DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE NIKON 14MM AND NIKON 16MM FISHEYE

The 14mm f/2.8 is the widest full frame fixed rectilinear lens available from Nikon, while the 16mm fisheye is wider but gives you a distorted 180 degree field of view."

Not a direct answer, but I assume since the 16 fisheye gives you a wider filed of view than the rectilinear 14, the answer to your question is yes.

Thanks for that, that was exactly what I needed to know. I guess my thought-logic was correct.

Which kind of disappoints me because while I'm enjoying my 16mm fisheye, sometimes I want something equally as wide but without the fisheye distortion. Sounds like I'm looking for an impossible lens.

Back